News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WITI DT Off Air during Tower Work 1/14 - 1/18

Started by jwork, Tuesday Jan 15, 2008, 10:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwork

this week we have tower riggers working on the tower which for safety reasons require shutdown of the DTV transmitter during the daylight hours. There isn't a schedule for this as it is based on what work is being performed near the DTV Antenna.

I expect that DTV Transmitter will require shutdown periodicly from 1/14 - 1/18.
DTV transmitter typically will be back on the air by dark each day.
John Workman
VP Engineering WITI

Tom Snyder

Hey John! Thanks for the heads up...  makes for happy campers. :)  

Just so long as the work is done by Sunday afternoon. ;)

BTW... just saw a CARAVAN of Fox Network/HD semis go past my office on 41 headed up North.. wonder where THEY'RE going.  :rock:
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Doug Mohr

Thanks for the info John.

I really appreciate you taking the time to keep us informed.

Doug

bradsmainsite

Other stations take note, and follow a great example of how problems should be addressed.   We are all very understanding when someone just tells us what is happening or about to happen.

Thank you FOX 6 for being proactive and letting us know what is going on!

You would be surprised as to how influential the members of this website are, and who we are in contact with on a daily basis.;)

Jimboy

Quote from: bradsmainsite;43858Other stations take note, and follow a great example of how problems should be addressed.   We are all very understanding when someone just tells us what is happening or about to happen.

Thank you FOX 6 for being proactive and letting us know what is going on!

You would be surprised as to how influential the members of this website are, and who we are in contact with on a daily basis.;)

I'll keep that in mind as well.

bradsmainsite

Quote from: Jimboy;43875I'll keep that in mind as well.

Jim you have always done this and most everyone on this site knows that already it was just a given on my part.;)

Thank you!

hoophead

Quote from: jwork;43831this week we have tower riggers working on the tower which for safety reasons require shutdown of the DTV transmitter during the daylight hours. There isn't a schedule for this as it is based on what work is being performed near the DTV Antenna.

I expect that DTV Transmitter will require shutdown periodicly from 1/14 - 1/18.
DTV transmitter typically will be back on the air by dark each day.
John Workman
VP Engineering WITI

Just curious, does this have anything to do with an outage app. two weeks ago? Kevin, engineer at WITI, told me then when I called that there was a problem and they were off, I believe, overnite, while they went to Chicago for a part. But, the main reason why I called there was because I have DISH and when I upgraded to HD I found out the Milwaukee locals were not passed on in HD. I am in Watertown, and I then put up an antenna and WITI basically was much lower quite often in signal strength and even went out when it got about 60%. Kevin had mentioned, though, that WITI was giving off as much power as WISN which he said is very close in proximity.

So, does this tower work happen to help my situation, also?
Thank you in advance for your timely response.