News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone know what's wrong with 18.1/518?

Started by kevbeck122, Saturday Aug 25, 2007, 10:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

TWC channel 518 says to tune to SD channel 18 because of technical difficulties, and 18.1 OTA is in 480i... anyone know what the problem is?

Cheesehead Dave

The TW tech support line says that is being broadcast in SD because of "problems at the source" and that the HD broadcast will be back once the problem is resolved.

gparris

518 is back, but the SD they play duing the non-HD broadcast period (most of the time) is now stretched vs. channel 524 with is side-bar unless you stretch that.
Tonight is "Smallville" and "Supernatural" in HD, so I will look at those to see if the station has got it fixed by then.
I was very happy that TWC had got the HD in the CW network vs. the crappy analogue 18 finally, especially for national shows.
Now if it isn't fixed by the time the September new fall season starts, that will really suck!:(

Jimboy

The HD encoder for 18-1 failed. Currently working on a replacement. No ETA yet.

kevbeck122

Thanks for the info.  I'm just trying to catch up on season 6 of Smallville since I missed it.. better SD than nothing I guess.  I just wish TWC had the SD feed at the time rather than the technical difficulty notice because a couple of my recordings are bad now.

budda

Also I noticed, I used to receive this channel easily in Oconomowoc, now it is a struggle to get the channel to broadcast out here. One day it works next it doesn't.:bang:

SRW1000

Quote from: Jimboy;40586The HD encoder for 18-1 failed. Currently working on a replacement. No ETA yet.
Let's cross our fingers that it is fixed before the new season starts.

Scott

gparris

Quote from: SRW1000;40660Let's cross our fingers that it is fixed before the new season starts.

Scott

Agreed, when not even OTA is working, the HD choice is nonexistant and The CW is mostly HD this new season from what I have read.
Not getting these new (and older) shows in HD would be a bad thing.

TWC subs were previously thankful that TWC finally got the CW channel in HD and now, its HD Encoder is broken...UGH!:bang:

Bluto

Hi JimBoy,

Any ETA on the repairs yet?  I'm hoping 18.1 is back in HD by the time Reaper airs next week.

Thanks.

Jimboy

Quote from: Bluto;40883Hi JimBoy,

Any ETA on the repairs yet?  I'm hoping 18.1 is back in HD by the time Reaper airs next week.

Thanks.

Me too!

The replacement unit has been ordered but hasn't arrived yet.

gparris

Quote from: Jimboy;40887Me too!

The replacement unit has been ordered but hasn't arrived yet.

Thanks for the info and please keep us posted.

CWHD (518 on TWC) still looks better in stretched digital than TWC analogue 18, and probably so with the OTA crowd (I wouldn't know).

After waiting for CWHD as long as we did as TWC subs with a new season coming up next week, it would be great to see the new and continuing CW shows in HD, finally!;)
The CW is offering more of its schedule in HD than ever before, its claimed.:D

Jimboy

Quote from: gparris;40915Thanks for the info and please keep us posted.

CWHD (518 on TWC) still looks better in stretched digital than TWC analogue 18, and probably so with the OTA crowd (I wouldn't know).

After waiting for CWHD as long as we did as TWC subs with a new season coming up next week, it would be great to see the new and continuing CW shows in HD, finally!;)
The CW is offering more of its schedule in HD than ever before, its claimed.:D

BTW....
The stretching is not done by us. It's not going out OTA that way.

gparris

Quote from: Jimboy;40936BTW....
The stretching is not done by us. It's not going out OTA that way.

Thanks, it is MY setup on the HD DVRs, not yours, but at least it is a good deal more watchable on channel TWC 518 vs. analogue TWC 18.
It is probably closer in picture to what Dish and Directv subscribers get in their all-digital delivery of channel 18.;)

No ETA (or tracking number) on the HD encoder on order?
Is it actually being shipped/in transit?:blush:

Jimboy

Quote from: gparris;40940Thanks, it is MY setup on the HD DVRs, not yours, but at least it is a good deal more watchable on channel TWC 518 vs. analogue TWC 18.
It is probably closer in picture to what Dish and Directv subscribers get in their all-digital delivery of channel 18.;)

No ETA (or tracking number) on the HD encoder on order?
Is it actually being shipped/in transit?:blush:

Factory shipping error. Went to the wrong location via ground. :eek:
Can't install what I don't have.

SRW1000

Quote from: Jimboy;40943Factory shipping error. Went to the wrong location via ground. :eek:
Can't install what I don't have.
I'm one of those anxiously waiting for the repair.  Once you have the part, will it be a relatively quick swap-out, or is it going to be complicated?

I was looking forward to seeing Reaper in HD, but I'll really be disappointed if we're stuck with Supernatural in SD.

Scott