News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Will your D* Receiver get the new HD Channels?

Started by Tom Snyder, Saturday Jul 21, 2007, 09:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdoc

Well I ordered mine this weekend.  I got the new slimline dish, HR20, new multiswitch, and installation for $99.  They gave me 6 months of the HD package free, so I guess I'm only out $40.  Install is set for Tuesday, August 14.

vetrev

I had to pay $199 for my new HR20-100; they said it was because I wanted to keep my HR10-250 and was not an upgrade. However, I'm hoping to get a free 6X16 Ka/Ku multiswitch out of them (internet price from $130 to $200). I had to call D* about four times though. The installer is coming tomorrow. The last installer I had was terrible. He did as little as possible and admitted he didn't even own any HD equipment himself. He was happiest when he could get out of here.

bubbaridesfast

Quote from: vetrev;40241I had to pay $199 for my new HR20-100; they said it was because I wanted to keep my HR10-250 and was not an upgrade. However, I'm hoping to get a free 6X16 Ka/Ku multiswitch out of them (internet price from $130 to $200). I had to call D* about four times though. The installer is coming tomorrow. The last installer I had was terrible. He did as little as possible and admitted he didn't even own any HD equipment himself. He was happiest when he could get out of here.

If the HR10-250 was owned and not leased it shouldn't have had an impact. When I tried to get my 1st H20 to replace an owned LG box the CSR told me it was $99 unless I sent my (obsolete mpeg2) box to them. I even told the CSR it's owned and obsolete. I had to ask for customer retention who immediately said "we don't want your old box" and the upgrade (H20, Sat & Install) were no charge.

chadl11

Here's the deal I just got.

New dish, receiver, etc. -  for $99.  Received an instant $50 credit and an additional $10 credit for 6 months.  I guess I'm coming out ahead a few bucks in this deal.  Since my current receivers are owned, I will not have to swap them out.

Install is scheduled for 8/23.

I hope everything goes well.

chadl11

Install is going on 4 hours right now.   :(

Installer had to relocate the dish from the side of my house to the roof because of the size of the new dish.  Luckily, there was really no new wiring that had to be done.  Also he has had trouble locating the signal.

Now he's grabbing a new piece from his truck and heading back up the ladder.  

I know it will eventually work, but..........

Steve Mann

Quote from: chadl11;40492I know it will eventually work, but..........

Hopefully, he's not having to deal with rain too?
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

chadl11

After about 5 hours, he had to run back to the warehouse to get more clips to attach the wires to my house.  I left for a bit and he's back on the roof realigning the dish.

I have never seen anyone take so long to align the dish and find the signals.  It's about 8 hours from when he first arrived and it's still not done.

After all of that, he should get rained on.

chadl11

Still not done.  First thing in the morning, my technician, along with his supervisor are coming to get the job done.

My tech did inform me that I was the first person he has installed the HD DVR for.  Now that's good news, isn't it?

At least the TiVo box I have in the basement works and I can actually watch TV.

Tom Snyder

Note to DirecTV/Premiere Communications:

This thread has had 1300 people view it, many of whom were considering switching to you guys, but weren't quite sure...some have concerns about the install.  

If you're thinking of sending a newbie out for an install, you may want to call the customer first and ask if he posts here... if he does, reschedule with an expert installer. :rof:
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

vegasvic

It really is a crapshoot.  I've had good and bad over the years.  When I upgraded to the new dish and new receivers a few weeks ago it was quick.  There was no wiring that needed to be done though. :)

chadl11

It doesn't get any better than this!

At 9:00 this morning, an hour after the supervisor and tech were supposed to come, I called to find out where they were.  It turns out that my work order was cancelled.  I guess  the tech cancelled it because of line of sight issues (funny since I've had DirecTV for 7 years.)  

Obviously, this makes no sense.  I talked to the supervisor this morning and he was trying to reopen the order and get someone out.  He said he didn't have anyone available to come out right away and take care of it.  He had to reopen the order through DirecTV and couldn't just do it himself.  I told him I can't figure out why he just didn't come out anyway since he new the problems I was having.

Anyway, after talking to him, DirecTV, someone from Premier, he (the supervisor) was going to get back in touch with me after 1:00 (since I was gone from 11-1) and inform me when they were coming back.

It's now 2:30 and I haven't heard from anyone.

I asked DirecTV for a credit on my bill or something for the trouble and all the guy could give me was 2 months of Showtime - BFD!

Needless to say, I'm just a tad bit frustrated.  I have to leave tonight at 6:00 and really don't know when I'll be around on Saturday.  I also head back to work on Monday so if this isn't fixed today, I don't know what's going to happen.

Time to call the supervisor again.

chadl11

Quote from: Tom Snyder;40503Note to DirecTV/Premiere Communications:

This thread has had 1300 people view it, many of whom were considering switching to you guys, but weren't quite sure...some have concerns about the install.  

If you're thinking of sending a newbie out for an install, you may want to call the customer first and ask if he posts here... if he does, reschedule with an expert installer. :rof:

Thanks!!:)

chadl11

Without speaking to me, my appointment was rescheduled for Tuesday.  The supervisor I spoke to again said no one can come out until then.

I work on Tuesday.

I'm off on Friday.

Guess when my job is scheduled to be finished?

chadl11

I talked to someone above my supervisor, not the general manager who I'm waiting to hear from, and my install is now scheduled for Monday between 4 and 8 pm.

My fingers are crossed!

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org