News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Flat panel mounting height

Started by sarusk, Sunday Jun 24, 2007, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarusk

Looking for some advice on how high to mount a TV on the wall. I will be 12ft. back from a 58" 1080p Plasma with a tilt mount. Is there a rule of thumb for the height? I've always heard with PC monitors that the top of the screen shuold be eye level, does that hold true for TV viewing?

I assume this is a personal preference thing but I am looking for feedback from those who already have theirs mounted.

Nels Harvey

I don't know of any 'standard', but it would seem that your own personal comfort needs to be the deciding factor.

The way I watch TV often includes reading the newspaper, or a magazine, especially during commercials.  My natural view of the screen seems to be straight ahead, and I think needing to look up a bit may be tiring and uncomfortable.

Now, if you tilt the screen and lay back in your Lazy Boy, you might find that the way to go!

Nels....
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Bebop

From your viewing position, your eye level should be at the middle of the screen.

Then are are people that mount their TV above the fire place. Don't forget the commercial when the TV was mounted on the ceiling above the bed. :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun