• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Versus/Golf HD Coming to TWC

Started by gparris, Monday Apr 09, 2007, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

According to this article, Versus/Golf HD is coming to TWC locations:

http://www.tvpredictions.com/twversus040907.htm

Now, PLEASE read the "fine print" on this:

"However, Mark Harrad, a Time Warner spokesman, says it's up to the individual Time Warner system whether to add the high-def channel."

Considering how pathetic our TWC - Wisconsin/Milwaukee location is when it comes to adding any HD channel additions, don't hold your breathe on this channel, either.

DO we see ESPN2HD, or CWHD, MHD, A&EHD, CinemaxHD or StarzHD as many other TWC locations have throughout the country?

No!.:mad:

If it was up to TWC-Milwaukee management, we would have no HD channels at all, given the chance.

Since it is the local/regional/divisional (or whatever) TWC that "makes the call" on what we as TWC HD subscribers actually "get" and given TWC-Milwaukee (Southeast), we have got none of the HD channels the rest of the TWC locations in the country have been getting.

e-man

After a month or so with Uverse, I took my cable boxes back to TW this evening.  It was quite comical.  The rep asked why I was cancelling my cable tv and I told him.  He stated, and I'm not making this up, "If you exclude the premium channels, they only have 5 more HD channels than we do."  Hmm, MHD, Food Network, HGTV, National Geographic, Wealth TV, A&E, NFL Network HD, and ESPN2.  "Not including the premium channels" I count 8.  After telling him this, and that the premium channels DO count, and they also have Starz, Cinemax, and TMC (East and West) in HD, and the numerous additional SD channels I get all for less than what I was paying them, it didn't make sense NOT to switch.

He didn't have much to say after that.  He did mention that they will have many of those channels very soon and that they were working on "packages" as we speak.  As I have read this forum long enough to know better, never believe anything a CSR rep at TW tells you.

e-man

Quote from: e-man;38907...Hmm, MHD, Food Network, HGTV, National Geographic, Wealth TV, A&E, NFL Network HD, and ESPN2.  "Not including the premium channels" I count 8..

And, I'm not even counting the place holders on Uverse for 18 & 24 (channels 1018 and 1024) as I've yet to see anything but SD being broadcast on these channels.

gparris

18 & 24 are SD channels most of the time, especially for 24, unless it has a special or something on, as I understand it.
CW18 should be HD most of the 7-9PM weekday time slots...does that "DT" stamp appear as Jimboy indicated for you at these times?

gparris

Quote from: e-man;38907He didn't have much to say after that.  He did mention that they will have many of those channels very soon and that they were working on "packages" as we speak.  As I have read this forum long enough to know better, never believe anything a CSR rep at TW tells you.

CSRs from TWC are mostly ill-informed about upcoming channels and are never told anything except the how and why to treat customer requests.
They are programmed from the start for specific functions and if one tells you any more than you "deserve" to be, you got lucky.

Gregg Lengling was right about everyday being April Fool's day for TWC Milwaukee...and it is.

I'll bet their next excuse about not having more HD channels or equivalent to what San Antonio, TX has :
24 full-time HD channels, not including PPV and not including those almost-never-on sports/special events channels (like TWC-Milwaukee likes to add to its so-called "total").

We will hear the "story" and sad excuse:

TWC-Milwaukee was "waiting for all those contracts to be signed".

Uh-yeah, right.:rolleyes:

e-man

Quote from: gparris;38911...does that "DT" stamp appear as Jimboy indicated for you at these times?

Nope, it just says "myCW".  Also, right in the on-screen guide, they put a little "HD" symbol next to any program being broadcast in HD.  I've yet to see one on either of those channels.  Mind you, I'm not complaining as I bet soon it will happen.  I am VERY happy, so far, with AT&T's Uverse.

gparris

SD Digital from AT&T has got to look better than TWC's crappy analogue, even on a 42-50" flat panel.

As HDTV prices go down as they have, more old tube sets bite the dust (like my brother's and sister's sets have, including many friends and other relatives), the more HD subscribers will appear.

FYI: Brother has Directv HD and Sister has TWC HD, but will go with AT&T as they offer a HD DVR and two more HD boxes for her house for just another $10 "Technology Fee" - which is FREE for now - special promotion!

What choice do they have? TWC Milwaukee or AT&T for a better and more comprehensive HD channel selection?

...looks like AT&T more and more each day.;)

Jimboy

Quote from: gparris;3891118 & 24 are SD channels most of the time, especially for 24, unless it has a special or something on, as I understand it.
CW18 should be HD most of the 7-9PM weekday time slots...does that "DT" stamp appear as Jimboy indicated for you at these times?

Check this post... http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/forums/showpost.php?p=38420&postcount=63

At the top of every hour we air an ID. All of the ID's will have a "DT" indication in it.
During HD/SD programming from the network (either CW or MyNetwork) an animated ID runs at the top of the hour. This "animated ID" only runs on the digital channel.

e-man.....See above post (link) to get an idea what these ID's look like. If you see these run at 7pm or 8pm you are watching the HD (or could be SD supplied by the network) feed.

e-man

Quote from: Jimboy;38916e-man.....See above post (link) to get an idea what these ID's look like. If you see these run at 7pm or 8pm you are watching the HD (or could be SD supplied by the network) feed.

Thanks Jimboy!  I will check this out.

gparris

With Versus HD, that means that TWC locally will miss out on at least one more HD channel...we're losing count of how many we're missing with TWC locally, at least lately.

If San Antonio, TX adds it, that will mean their city will have over two DOZEN full-time HD channels (not PPV or special event) vs. the paltry 14 we have here...that's just not good at all (for us).:(

e-man, let us know if you get something HD from CW18 during the primetime shows this week if time permits (or HD DVR recordings allow, you know, one-at-a-time, for now)...thanks!:wave:

Jimboy

Quote from: e-man;38920Thanks Jimboy!  I will check this out.

Get a chance to check it out?

e-man

Quote from: Jimboy;38954Get a chance to check it out?

Sorry it took so long.  I just checked this out on channel 18 (channel 1018 on uverse) and the image displayed matched perfectly.  It had the "/DT" in the logo.

gparris

Thanks for this info...that means almost 30 HD channels from AT&T.
Now TWC really stinks at HD channel additions and delivery, no CW18HD since the January contract signing, but AT&T comes in and its there already!:(

gb4fan92

Quote from: gparris;38979Now TWC really stinks at HD channel additions and delivery

JUST NOW????:D

gparris

Quote from: gb4fan92;38983JUST NOW????:D

No, like as in the past year as other TWC locations have added HD channels, even more recently, when Sinclair Broadcast Group signed the agreement with TWC - but its been since January and still no CW18HD at the very least.:mad:

TWC-Milwaukee is the last to get anything it seems, doesn't care about HD channel additions and doesn't think its Milwaukee HD subs are important.
Instead, we get lies from kiosks, false ads in newspapers and so on.
That's TWC-Milwaukee's "thank you" for being loyal TWC HD subscribers.

No-thank-you, TWC, even if we get ESPN2HD...then we'll be up the channels we had from LAST year and nowhere near what other TWC locations get.:(