• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Shepherd's Chapel on WCGV 24

Started by PaulKTF, Sunday Mar 25, 2007, 11:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

Any other night owls flip past Shepherd's Chapel on WCGV 24 in the early morning hours? The guy is a complete nut case. He reminds me of Grandpa Simpson on The Simpsons.

For some reason, WJJA carries him too (later in the day). I have no clue why either station gives him any airtime. You'd think they'd be running infomercials instead (well, I guess they are infomercials of a sort; since I assume Shepherd's Chapel pays for the timeslots).
-Paul

John L

The reason WCGV-24 carries him is to fill some airtime during those hours so that they don't have a reason to shut down.  They should add him on Monday mornings so that WCGV-24 doesn't go off the air at all.

Afterall 24 should be 24 all the time.

Why does WCGV-24 shut down during the wee hours from late Sunday night to early Monday morning?

Perhaps it has to do with transmitter maintenance?  Don't they have a backup transmitter like WVTV-18?  Is this an FCC rule that stations need to do weekly maintenance or something?

Cause I know WVTV-18 switches to another transmitter I believe on Tuesday mornings  because the Stereo indicator lamp is off.

Regarding the other Milwaukee channels at times their OTA signal is off but they are still on over cable.  Obviously the deliver their signal direct to the cable compnaies via fiber optic.  Stations like ch. 4 and ch. 6 is received OTA by cable are very suspectible to interference when atmospheric conditions prevail, like WTMJ-4 being interfered with another channel 4 in North Carolina.  I mean it does happen at times being interfered with another TV station on the same channel from another part of the country known as E-skip.

Going back to the original topic in regards to "Shepards Chapel" it is to me also a waste of air space.  But then I should not complain because someone in Kentucky wants to air a similar program like that on my public access TV station I program for the city of Muskego in which I am allowing because I have a lot of room on my program schedule to fill.

-John L.
Muskego, WI.