• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Place your bets- when will WCGV drop MyNetworkTV?

Started by PaulKTF, Friday Mar 23, 2007, 01:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

When do you think Sinclair will drop MyNetworkTV affiliation from WCGV?

I bet that sometime between now and the first quarter of 2009  they'll dump it and revert back to being an independent for the third time in it's history (if you count the 8 month stint where they dropped UPN only to revert back to it).
-Paul

LoadStar

Quote from: PaulKTF;38662When do you think Sinclair will drop MyNetworkTV affiliation from WCGV?

I bet that sometime between now and the first quarter of 2009  they'll dump it and revert back to being an independent for the third time in it's history (if you count the 8 month stint where they dropped UPN only to revert back to it).

Probably not until the network folds, honestly. I'd guess as dismal as the MyNet ratings are, they're probably better than the alternative. The syndicated market is just as dismal... all strip syndicated repeats and first run game shows and court shows. There just isn't anything to speak of in terms of first-run syndicated shows, like there were back when.

I'd more wonder when we start seeing independent channels start to discontinue service en masse, selling their broadcast licenses for whatever they can get for them.