News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TW Box return must be at Mayfair?

Started by Mikey, Monday Mar 05, 2007, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

So, my wife and I decided we don't need to pay $8.00/month for a digital STB and the remote for our bedroom TV.  We don't have pay channels anymore and don't have an HDTV in the bedroom and in there, we don't watch channels 70+ through 1000something.

So, she goes to the Cedarburg TW location today, on the website it says it has the same services as the Mayfair office and the Racine office, particularly "box swap".

She gets there and they tell her they can't take it, that she has to drive to Mayfair Mall and drop it off there.

So my wife had to drive from Cedarburg down to Mayfair today because, apparently, they have an office that can't do "box swaps" even though their own webiste specifically states it can.  (I know, I know, we just turned one in, it wasn't a "swap" per se, but that even makes the "transaction" simpler, IMO.)

Time Warner WI just keeps becoming more and more inept.

It is March 5th and their website STILL says they have INHD2 as a part of their "HD package".  Frickin idiots.  Didn't they drop that channel like 2 months ago?

:bang:

Anyway, if you live up in Ozaukee Co. or near it, and want to do "cable box swap/dropoff", don't waste your time going to the Cedarburg TW office.

Gregg Lengling

That sounds really stupid, I've done box exchanges and pickups there in the past (within the last 6 months) as I live 3 blocks away.  Of course the person that I've always seen there wasn't the most pleasant.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Mikey

Maybe our account is flagged since I'm not shy about tellin 'em where the bear $hit in the buckwheat.

I need to find out from my wife if they asked for our billing info and THEN turned her away.

I've had to call about a "reset" to my HD-DVR box twice and complained once or twice (or thrice) via email on their website about the false advertising (INHD2) and lack of HD channels.

Maybe this "squeaky wheel" is getting something other than grease...:huh?:

I can't wait for U-verse to come to Grafton.