News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Missing Local Hd On D*

Started by handyman1, Tuesday Nov 28, 2006, 10:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handyman1

I upgraded to the HR-20 and was receiving my local hd channels for about a week.  Then,,gone.  I have had three techs come out and still nothing.  The dish is not blocked by obstructions, I have reset it, switched the cables, and got a replacement box.  The software has been updated also.  Still no signal on the 103degree setting.  Any suggestions?

Blitzburgh

Maybe the switch went bad or someting in the setup between the switch and the dish.

handyman1

so what do you mean the switch.

Tom Snyder

I think he's referring to the multiswitch, just like the one that's inside my basement wall that takes the feed from the dish and sends it to 4 TVs.  And the first one they installed was defective, so they do go bad.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

handyman1

I don't have one of those.  I am only running 1 tv with DVR service.  It goes form the dish to a ground block, then to my TV.  The other HD channels work along with the other regular channels.  I have a 90+ signal on most sattelites but the #103 comes up with 0.  Is there 1 lnb that just does that sattelite?

Blitzburgh

Quote from: handyman1;36251I don't have one of those.  I am only running 1 tv with DVR service.  It goes form the dish to a ground block, then to my TV.  The other HD channels work along with the other regular channels.  I have a 90+ signal on most sattelites but the #103 comes up with 0. Is there 1 lnb that just does that sattelite?

Yes. That is why I said the switch or something in the install.

You could have a bad connection to that LNB, call DTV and have send someone out to look at it.

handyman1

I will give it a try.  If there is only 1 lnb that controls only that sattelite than It has to be it.  thank you.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: handyman1;36259I will give it a try.  If there is only 1 lnb that controls only that sattelite than It has to be it.  thank you.
Just remember there is still a switch that may  be bad.  In your case it's probably in the Dish Feed itself like mine is.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

handyman1

I called and the DTV guy is coming out on Sun.  I'll Let you know how it goes.  Thanks

handyman1

The DTV guy came out again.  What do ya know,  Bad  LNB.  Problem is now fixed.  thanks to all that helped

Blitzburgh

Congrats dude. Sit back and enjoy the wonderful world of DirecTV :rock: