• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

hp media center for upgrade

Started by rocketmanpj, Tuesday Nov 28, 2006, 08:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocketmanpj

I currently use my media center pc as my dvr and was going to buy and ATI HD video card but ran into a problem with the os support.

I have an HP M470n PC running MediaCenter  2004 and am looking for an upgrade cd to MediaCenter 2005. At one time HP had an upgrade program running but but they have long discontinued the program, does anybody out there have one or know somebody that does?

rocketmanpj

Thanks Kev but I'm looking for the specific upgrade offered by HP (they had it for free + $9.95 shipping).

I've seen the one's at NewEgg and Tiger and they really require a clean install to work correctly. HP has an upgrade that will keep all my other utilities and bundled software in tact.

jimbop99

http://www.royfamily.net/mce2005/

Found this via a google search. Someone on a forum said they received the copy. Good luck.

rocketmanpj

That's the animal I'm looking for. If it works I can get upgrade to an HD card for the PC and use it as my PVR.  I've looked high and low for it, what did you search for?

jimbop99

flash

fwiw when I googled it I came across this post about the upgrade:

QuoteIf you have an eligible HP Media Center computer, you can order the upgrade software from HP Customer Care by calling 1-(800)-474-6836. Cost is free, shipping and handling charges may apply.The part number for the upgrade CD is M93-00045 and you will need to provide the model and serial number from the label on back of the computer.

rocketmanpj

HP has discontinued the upgrade hence the necessity to find one online.