• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone here get a PS3?

Started by klwillis45, Friday Nov 17, 2006, 11:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klwillis45

..and if you did are you keeping or flipping?

sp44again

Almost got one off of CC.com. If I did I definitely would be selling it.

picopir8

To expensive.  Im waiting until it drops under $300.  Even the 360 was too expensive for my taste but I managed to find a good bundle from dell in April and used a dell cupon code then returned all bundled junk at a local store.  The net price of the console was just under $300 (for the more expensive console).

I might try to get a wii in the upcomming weeks but Ill pass on the PS3 until next year when the price is a bit more reasonable.

AndrewP

Quote from: aaron;36019I couldn't get one of the pre-orders myself, but I was lucky enough to win this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-PS3-60GB-Free-Overnight-Shipping-Blu-ray_W0QQitemZ150059269467QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:eek: :rofl:

flash

I'll stick with my 360. The launch of the PS3 is giving some people
a lot of problems but Sony will probably resolve a lot of the software ones.
The overheating issue is another story.
I've heard that some of the Blu Ray movies are no big deal either.
For PS3 lovers, I'm happy for them 'cause it keeps Microsoft on their toes
on providing great content and extras.

Bebop

I wonder if the over heating issue is causing all the demos in stores to freeze? It probably didn't help to locked them up in an enclosed cabinet.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Milwaukee12

I am waiting a year or two before I even think about getting one.  I am thinking very seriously about getting an XBox 360 though.

TPK

Quote from: aaron;36019I couldn't get one of the pre-orders myself, but I was lucky enough to win this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-PS3-60GB-Free-Overnight-Shipping-Blu-ray_W0QQitemZ150059269467QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow!  Free shipping!!!

flash

Quote from: Milwaukee12;36036I am waiting a year or two before I even think about getting one.  I am thinking very seriously about getting an XBox 360 though.

Starting later this month, you'll be able to stream HD content and movies to your 360!

I would think that this could help in the promotion of more High Definition content and if a gaming console can do........ networks should get the hint!

You can read the article here!

:rock: :cool: :rock:

Paul S.

Quote from: picopir8;36012To expensive.  Im waiting until it drops under $300.  Even the 360 was too expensive for my taste but I managed to find a good bundle from dell in April and used a dell cupon code then returned all bundled junk at a local store.  The net price of the console was just under $300 (for the more expensive console).

I might try to get a wii in the upcomming weeks but Ill pass on the PS3 until next year when the price is a bit more reasonable.

Yeah...you're going to be waiting for about 4-5 years....

smack

Just picked up my 60 gig at Best Buy Brookfield today.  They had a few left from their Sunday sale but you had to ask an employee because they were keeping them in back???  Seemed kind of strange, well anyway I'm going to play my tiger woods 07.