News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

D* Software Upgrade

Started by Mags, Sunday Nov 05, 2006, 11:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mags

:mad:

These guys better figure out these problems with the 6.3 upgrade soon... it is really bad today (the audio drops) on FOX....

Another week of this crap and I'll (can't believe I'm saying this) will be moving to cable...

Bebop

it's odd, but the audio only happens first the first 10 minutes after turning to Fox and then goes away.

DirecTV knows about it.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Bebop

I'll take that back. Now the audio drop outs are happening more often.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Tom Snyder

Actually it's good to know that it's Fox or the software. I was hoping it wasn't my OTA reception. I'm right on the borderline between fair and no reception, and I've tweaked my antenna as good as I can get.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Mags

that seems to occur much more frequently on OTA Fox 6..... they know about it, but are in no hurry to fix it...

My guess is that they want us all with HR10-250's to upgrade to their new box that will accept MPEG4... problem is, they haven't turned on the OTA inputs on that box yet... so it has no value, in my opinion.

Plus, once we upgrade we lose TIVO, and get stuck with their TIVO impersonation... which is a HUGE step down in my opinion.....

TIVO is the best - they made a big mistake (not money wise, but customer relation wise) but getting rid of it...

Blitzburgh

There are pro's & con's to the new DTV boxes. In some way they are far superior to DTivo.

sp44again

Quote from: Blitzburgh;35752There are pro's & con's to the new DTV boxes. In some way they are far superior to DTivo.

I'd have to say that it has more cons. I've used the (good) 6.3 update and it works great. DTV box is very buggy.

Ex Direcway

Since I received the 6.3 update I love my HR10.  I don't seem to have any issues with the new software, its much faster than before.  I don't want to think about "upgrading" to the new  HR20 any time soon!

chadl11

Quote from: Bebop;35731it's odd, but the audio only happens first the first 10 minutes after turning to Fox and then goes away.

Not true.  I've had audio drops throughout Prison Break on Fox for the last couple of weeks.  Not just in the first several minutes.

chadl11

Not to sound like an idiot, but is the HR10 a TiVo receiver and the HR20 not TiVo?

Blitzburgh

Quote from: chadl11;35917Not to sound like an idiot, but is the HR10 a TiVo receiver and the HR20 not TiVo?

The HR10-250 is a DTivo (HD DVR)

The HR20-700S is a DTV (HD DVR)

H=HD
R=Recorder