• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone get their PS3 preordered?

Started by kevbeck122, Tuesday Oct 10, 2006, 12:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

GameStop/EB Games started offering limited preorders today.  I went to the GS in Brookfield (not Brookfield Square) and the slots were already gone at 9:30.. a half hour before they opened.  They only had 7 available when they started.  I heard West Bend had 7 or 8 left and there was nobody in line.. but I figured it wouldn't be worth going out there from Waukesha.

Paul S.

Got one at the Gamestop on 60th n Capitol at 1130am. They wouldn't let me get a 2nd (they had 2 left when I walked in). I'm going somewhere with some friends when it comes out and we're getting like 6-9 of them. Ebay is our friend :)

picopir8

Im holding off.  Initial reports indicate that xbox 360 will outnumber ps3 for at least the next 2 years.  That means most games will be written for the 360 and ported to the ps3.  So they will come out first for the 360 and likely look better.  Hopefully the price will drop by the time there are a substantial number of PS3 games that look better than the 360.

However, if my desire for a blueray gets too great and the PS3 does not drive down prices, then I will likely get one after the initial demand subsides.  Granted, Im not expecting too much of the blueray in the PS3.  After all we all know how crummy DVDs are in game consoles.

kevbeck122

Yeah I was going for ebay rather than keeping them :D
I'll get one later on for myself probably, though as of now I'd rather have the Wii.  I'm planning on selling my 360 soon because it's a dust collector.. mainly used for media center.