• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC problems

Started by Nakedj1, Tuesday Jul 25, 2006, 12:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakedj1

I am having major problems with my TWC HD service. My picture and sound constantly tile and scramble. I have had TWC out about 5 times and they have swapped boxes(HD DVR), changed the cable running into the house, and changed the cables in the house. They claim I am getting an above average signal. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the problem??? :bang:

I am seriously thinking of switching my provider of HDTV.

Thanks!

klwillis45

Which boxes have you tried? I went through a couple 8000s before I finally got my hands on an 8300. That solved all my issues.

Nakedj1

I'v e tried both boxes. I currently have the 8300.

mhz40

Signal level and signal quality are two different things.
Is it happening while they are performing the service call?  If so, they shouldn't be leaving until you are satisfied.
If all they are checking is signal level, they are only checking half of what they need to be looking at.  Any decent tech will verify bit error rates and escalate the issue if the problem is farther back than your tap.
Ask them to escalate the issue or dump TW.  Bottom line is you have to be happy...

FiberOptic

Had similar issues until they replaced my 8300 and then they put some type of signal amplifier in my basement - Works great now

Tom Snyder

Did the same thing for me, too! Got the same solution as FiberOptic.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org