• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Time Warner Pricing

Started by greg_brady, Thursday Apr 20, 2006, 02:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg_brady

I'm first looking at a bill due next week.  Looks like TW raised my didgipac100 $5.00 to $49.95.  Now i'll be paying $130 for Digipac100, HD DVR with HD package, roadrunner  internet and HBO.  I already cancelled HBO but i was wondering if i can do better in pricing.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chinatown

Here is a copy of my bill from "D"

03/31/06   04/30/06   Network: ABC from NYC/LA Monthly     2.25  
03/31/06   04/30/06   HBO Monthly     12.00  
03/31/06   04/30/06   HD Package Monthly     9.99  
03/31/06   04/30/06   TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly     48.99  ( includes locals)
03/31/06   04/30/06   DIRECTV DVR Service Fee Monthly     5.99  
03/31/06   04/30/06   Network: FOX HD Monthly     0.00  
03/31/06   04/30/06   Network: ABC HD Monthly     0.00  
  Subscriptions For Receiver: 1379-311036  
04/02/06    Additional Receiver     4.99  includes Tivo
 Subscriptions For Receiver: 1516-623582  
  Subscriptions For Receiver: 1653-176204  
  Subscriptions For Receiver: 1798-480339  
04/02/06    Additional Receiver     4.99  
    Sales Tax   5.51
    AMOUNT DUE $ 104.69

+ $24.99 for SBC/DSL

(Local HD channels with roof top antenna)

Total:  $129.68

I do get the ABC feed from Ny & LA + Fox NY & the Hd package includes ESPN 2 & the NFL Network. (I do not think TWC has those included.) :)

Without HBO............The total would be $117.68

Looks like you could save about $150.00 per year.

Matt Heebner

So how does one living in West Allis get the DNS feed of ABC-HD ???
I am very curious how you got that worked out.

Matt

Chinatown

The ABC East, as well as the Fox East Hd is part of the "D" package. As for the ABC west coast feed............Several years ago, the "Badgers"  football team was playing a pre-big ten game on the road. It, for whatever reason, was not being shown here. I called them up and complained. After about 2 minutes, it was added to my package. I do, as you can see, pay $2.25 per month for it. However, watching the news in LA is a hoot. Believe me, our local burg has nothing to worry about, in comparison. In addition, if I miss any of the local programming, I can always view it 2 hours later. Kinda nice..............

klwillis45

Call TWC and see if they have any new promos running you can be a part of. Your old one may have expired.

If they have something new could you post the details here. If its good I may have to cancel and join the new one.

AndrewP

Dish Network service: $117, HD Platinim package (Everything pack, including HBO, Showtimw, Stars, Cinemax, + 23 HD channels + HBO HD, Showtime HD), 1 HD DVR receiver (wich can service two tvs, you can watch two seperate programs on these tvs at the same time), 1 regular HD receiver.
TWC RoadRunner: $47. Trying to switch to DSL, but it is currently not available here.
So after DSL swtch my bill will be 117+ 17 = 134 :)

greg_brady

Unfortunately, my condo in Germantown does not allow a sat.  Nor does it have access to the southern sky which i think is a requirement.

Either way, I'll call TW and see what the current promos are and try to jump on that (i'll post my results).  And I'm selling my condo so I'll be looking into both DTV and Dish....+ DSL.

Thanks!

brewtownska

I'm fairly happy with my price on TWC.  I've just got basic cable now (channels 2-99), but they're only charging me $29.95.  I think I was paying a lot more and called to ask about getting another year of Roadrunner at the "special price".  The rep said she couldn't drop my RR price until I finished that "campaign" I was on, but since I didn't have a lower rate on my cable tv at the time, she dropped that price for me immediately.  When my RR price went back to the $44.95/mo, I called to complain and they dropped me back to $38.99/mo.  So I'm paying under $70/mo now...split between 3 people in my house, that's not much per person.  Of course I miss having a DVR, but I pick up all my HD channel via an antenna FOR FREE.  It just wasn't worth the huge difference in price between what I have now and what I'd have to add to my package just to get the DVR (this is assuming I would have to go to Digipic 1000 or 2000, pay for a converter box & the DVR fee).

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Chinatown

........to prohibit  you, or anyone else from the use of a satelite dish.  I work with Attorneys, on a daily basis.  Anyone of them can quote chapter and verse.

Understanding, in your particular situation, with the lack of a clear view of the southern sky, it is a moot point.  

I posted it for others that think they are in the same situation.

Quote from: greg_bradyUnfortunately, my condo in Germantown does not allow a sat.  Nor does it have access to the southern sky which i think is a requirement.

Either way, I'll call TW and see what the current promos are and try to jump on that (i'll post my results).  And I'm selling my condo so I'll be looking into both DTV and Dish....+ DSL.

Thanks!

Chinatown

............simply tell them that you have been wooed by "D" or "E". They will cave in if they know you will be cancelling...............

Quote from: greg_bradyI'm first looking at a bill due next week.  Looks like TW raised my didgipac100 $5.00 to $49.95.  Now i'll be paying $130 for Digipac100, HD DVR with HD package, roadrunner  internet and HBO.  I already cancelled HBO but i was wondering if i can do better in pricing.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

oz

Quote from: Chinatown........to prohibit  you, or anyone else from the use of a satelite dish.  I work with Attorneys, on a daily basis.  Anyone of them can quote chapter and verse.

This is true, as long as you are not installing a dish in a common area.  In the case of a condominium, all property is considered to be common area except only for the air space of the units and those portions designated as limited common elements (in which the unit owner enjoys the exclusive right of use and possession, such as a patio or balcony).

Tom Snyder

So who would be responsible for the cost of reparing shingles on the roof of your condo... you or the condo association?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

picopir8

I have rentals and so I looked into the laws, while a landlord and/or condo association can not prohibit the use of a satellite dish, they can prohibit you from mounting it to the property and or drilling holes (in most condos the association owns the outer walls/roof).  In such areas you can usually install the dish on a pressure mount on a porch rail.  I personally think those look tacky so I allow satellite dishes but they must be professionally installed at the tenants expense on the roof of the building in an area that is not very visable.  Home owner associations can not prohibit you from installing dishes on your property but they can restrict the number of dishes, the size of the dish, the placement of the dish, etc.  Sometime such restrictions can make it practically or financially impossible for people to install satellite dishes.

Joseph S

Some fill a bucket with cement for a pole.