• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Updating the TWC Program Guide

Started by oz, Monday Mar 27, 2006, 09:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz

Is there a way to force the TWC program guide to update when you see "No Data" for future days?  I was trying to record a show that was one week away but the guide didn't show data that far ahead.  I have the 8300HD DVR.

gparris

If you are trying to go from, for example, Monday (being today) to Monday next week, the TWC programming guide will get you through Sunday, but no further.

What I do is wait a day and then request it with the titles search or some other means. I have the same 8300HD DVR and it is what it does...sorry. :D
I don't know what show you are trying to record, but here is another solution:
Once you find the show you want, (say, if it is in reruns on some other channel), but the new one you are looking for is coming up next Monday, aim for that programme and click on the record new only and that could help, too.

klwillis45

Yup,  1 week is the max.  However,  last night I tried to get data for thurs and fri but it wouldn't pull it up. It just said "no data" and wouldn't download. This is only the second time I've seen that since I've had my 8300. No biggie, I'll just try again tonight.

gparris

Sometimes, too, if you are recording a show on one channel, you can or cannot get the programme guide to update at all - this happens all the time when I recording two shows at once.
I have to wait until the recording(s) ends to go to it. :D

mhz40

Quote from: gparrisSometimes, too, if you are recording a show on one channel, you can or cannot get the programme guide to update at all - this happens all the time when I recording two shows at once.
I have to wait until the recording(s) ends to go to it. :D
Correct.  One of the 2 tuners must be force-tuned to another channel that carries the extended guide data.  Recording two shows at once ties up both tuners.  That is why non-dvr set tops lose picture alltogether... they only have one tuner and must tune away from the current program to pickup the extended guide data.

Mark Strube

Interesting... which channels carry the extended guide info?

mhz40