• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Recording soundtracks off DVD

Started by FeedingFrenzy, Friday Dec 09, 2005, 10:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeedingFrenzy

Is there an easy way to take soundtracks off a DVD and put them on a CD or MP3 player? My wife uses Nero for slide shows and stuff.  I've screwed around with it a little.

kevbeck122

You have to rip the DVD to your computer and split the audio and video from the VOB files.  At least that's the way I did it a few years ago.  It's a process that can take over two hours.  I don't remember which programs I used, but I know the audio came out as a 500kbps mp3 file.  I'm not sure if Nero can do any of this.. I just got Nero 7 Ultra, but I haven't had much time to play around with it.

oz

Use DVDDecrypter or SmartRipper to un-encrypt and copy the DVD content to your hard drive.  Then try a program like BeSweet to convert that audio to your format of choice.

This software and guides to do this can be found at AfterDawn.com

waterhead

Try flaskMPEG. It has an option to save the audio as a wave file. I just tried it on a home made DVD, and it worked great (it was easy too). It may not work so good on copy protected DVDs. But it's free, so give it a try. I have version .6, I haven't tried the latest version.

flasKMPEG

Another option is to play the DVD in your computer and record the sound. I like WaveLab, I've used this to re-record copy protected music files that I got from the new Napster web site (should I be confessing this online?).

mhz40