News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Best HDTV Shows

Started by chadl11, Friday Dec 02, 2005, 08:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadl11

Out of curiosity, what shows do you think look the best in HD (excluding sports)?  I don't have a surround sound system so I can't comment on the sound quality.

I think CSI Miami is one of the best.

MathWiz579

Even though it's not a "classic" show to be in HD, I think Fox does a good job with American Idol (the set looks fantastic on my TV).

I also think Lost looks great in HD.

GBK

Las Vegas looks awesome in HD.

mrmike

I'm a fan of the "look" of Criminal Minds.  They use HD post to great effect, they'll often do a "push" transition from a still photo to a live location and vice-versa which just looks amazing in HD.  It's a pretty disturbing show, though.

oz

I like how the regular CSI looks.  Rome on HBO looks really good too.

Paul S.

gparris

"Rome" on HBO has some excellent details.
The beginning credits of "CSI" and graphics it has are some of the best.
Bones" on FOX is excellent, too with is detail delivery including the "holo-desk".

Doug Mohr

I'll also vote for CSI; Miami and Criminal Minds.

Although if you are into nature, Lost has some pretty awesome jungle shots in HD.

Doug

Joseph S

Best 720p: Desperate Housewives/Lost
Best 1080i: Any former TV Series on HDNet looks great. Las Vegas, CSI, & Criminal Minds for current stuff. Don't like the "look" of CSI Miami or NY and the use flashing lights and strobes on Miami often results in a night of pixelation. How I Met Your Mother looks great on CBS in the non-Drama category.