• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

PDA Remote

Started by picopir8, Sunday Nov 20, 2005, 12:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picopir8

This program looks pretty promising.  It turns your PDA (palm or PPC) into a fully customizable remote.  Choose the placement, size, color, text, and functionality of buttons. For $35, its a bit pricy for mobile software, but if it saves having to buy a remote, then its a reasonable cost.

http://www.novii.tv/

Gregg Lengling

If I were still selling TV's for a living I'd pop for it, would be great to be able to have all the remotes for 100's of TV's all in your hand when you are demoing, that way you could have all the buttons in the same place and wouldn't have to search thru each remote to find the function you are looking for.

For now though I'll skip it as I use my RF remote for my Bose to trascode everything to the IR emitter on the Bose to control everything else.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

oz

I've tried it.  The IR strength of my Palm Tungsten is way too weak to work reliably at 10 feet away.  Maybe other devices work better though.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: ozI've tried it.  The IR strength of my Palm Tungsten is way too weak to work reliably at 10 feet away.  Maybe other devices work better though.

Which Tungsten, I've got the Tungsten C.....I didn't look on the website to see if they had a free demo to try it.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

oz

I have the Tungsten E and I also tried it on an old Palm III too.  I know the software had a free trial version at some point.