• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV Gets Spaceway2 Launched

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Thursday Nov 17, 2005, 09:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

Spaceway 2 is in orbit, which enables D* to proceed with their HD work.  As I recall, it's about a month or two behind schedule, but it's there, now.

Click on:   http://www.skyreport.com/#Story1

SK

gparris

From what I have read, this means, if the satellite is fully operational, 4 of the  first 12 DMAs get HD locals for 4 local networks this month followed by the balance of the 12 next month...great. :)
Directv is also going to release the next 24 DMAs in 2006 (early) for HD LiLs which would mean the first 12 DMAs get the balance of available HD locals like WBHD, UPN HD and PBS HD as the other 24 get there "basic" 4 HD locals throughout the year on rollouts. :D
This could mean that Milwaukeeland, as DMA #32, could see local HD LiLs sometime next year for at least the four networks plus some National HD networks it doesn't currently have depending on carriage agreements.
WBHD and UPN HD will come afterwards, like 2007 like the first 12 DMAs did, in order.
This what I understand/interpret  from the AVS forum, Dbsforum and so on...anyone chime in (with a positive note) please. :wave: