• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Bribes

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Nov 03, 2005, 07:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

They are getting blatant....latest mailing from Directv..............

"I guess I'll come back to Directv if you bribe me."

Free DVRs ect ect.....still not good enough.

Also monthly get mailings from SBC trying to bribe me to come back and package phone/dsl/satellite.

Well they gotta try harder, I'm still not biting......I went to TWC for local support.

SBC....call India

Directv sit on hold and wait for operator in Utah that doesn't know anything.

Oh the agony.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Doug Mohr

I have you beat. I left Bally's over 10 years ago and I still get "Come back and get a special deal" stuff from them.

Funny thing is, they have tracked me down through three moves. I can't shake them  :bang:

FiberOptic

You may want to look into your Bally's membership, the older ones can make you some good bucks on eBay.  You can renew at your old rate and then transfer it to someone else once they pay your price

Doug Mohr

Quote from: FiberOpticYou may want to look into your Bally's membership, the older ones can make you some good bucks on eBay.  You can renew at your old rate and then transfer it to someone else once they pay your price

That is very interesting. I'll look closer at the next offer they send and compare it with current prices.

Thanks for the tip.

PatM

I didn't have Direct tv so don't know about their service  but did have TimeWarner cable.
Don't believe the BS about their terrific service.
When the service first started the picture was good.
After a few years this changed.
I left TWC 12 years ago after the signal deteriorated so bad that one "Packer" looked like 6 others were following him. (Multiple ghost images)
A service technician was sent out- no improvement
The forman came out and told me some ghosts were "inherant in a cable system"
I informed him that was BS, I had a 1st class radio telephone license and knew what a good signal should look like.
A small 12 in Tv in the kitchen had a better picture with rabbit ears antenna.
The next day a service tech came out  and said he would start at the head end and find the problem.
Five minutes later he came back and told me he had been called off for a more important problem (This was after about 3 weeks of bad signal and no fix)
Needless to say, I called the next day and cancelled my service and told them to come and pick up their box.
I now am a OTA fan and the signal if great.

As for the request to sign up again.  :Shoot:

gparris

PatM:
While I understand your frustration with TWC 12 years ago (?) I did not have them as a provider in my city at that time, but WILL tell you they are better at responding than other companies to subscriber concerns, at least in my more recent experiences.

Otherwise, I would not  have them today. :)

Your needs are perhaps different than some of us and many of us like our DVRs for time-shifting, especially in HD and some of the other bundling packages today's cabletv systems offer, your choice.
However, flaming TWC from 12 years ago perhaps is a little too long in time not to give them a chance since  they do not make you sign contracts like cellphone and satellite companies can - and do.

As for the endless calls, fliers and so on like Gregg has, I understand his pain when I dumped Verizon in my area for Digital Phone from TWC and Verizon for Cingular as a cellphone resource for my home and business.  ;)

If you can't be competitive with service and pricing
(and have local assistance, not India), maybe it is time to change providers. :rolleyes:

PatM

First thing a company should do is get rid of their "Customer NO Service Dept"

I don't care how long ago it was that a company gave me rotten service.

Once burned they won't get a second chance.

I have a neighbor who has loads of problems at the present with little help.

If they only realized how important the customer is.

Doug Mohr

Quote from: PatMI don't care how long ago it was that a company gave me rotten service.

Once burned they won't get a second chance.

Too  bad more people don't have that attitude. Maybe companies might actually rethink their non-service policy.

For instance, I was a customer of Cellular One (now part of US Cellular) for over 10 years. I gave up waiting for them to come out with a decent data network so I switched. They sent me a final bill "Due Upon Receipt". I sent payment within 30 days. Shortly after, I started getting 20 calls a day from a collection agency say I owe them $104 for collection fees on my US Cell account. They refused to send me any paperwork (Invoice) showing the justification of charges. They told me to "Quit screwing with them and pay". When I called US Cell, they said I need to work that out with the collection agency and hung up on me.

To this day, I have not received any paperwork justifying how a bill paid within 30 days can legally be assessed collection charges when Wisconsin law clearly states that "Due upon receipt" provides a 30 day payment term.

I still get calls all day long and when I tell them to send me a bill, they swear and hang up. I can't figure out who they are, They will not give last names, When I tell them that Wisconsin requires them to disclose an employee ID or main branch manager's name, they hang up. Revers trace on the called ID come up private....

Such a nice way to treat a business customer who gave them well over $50,000 in revenue over the last 10 years...

So don't patronize US Cell, please.

Bebop

Always call CRS if you are a DirecTV customer. No waiting and things always done fast.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Mark Strube

PatM: Wasn't it Century Cable back then?

Paul S.

tW pWnz j00!

:rofl: