• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Warning labels

Started by Gregg Lengling, Tuesday Jun 21, 2005, 08:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Congress has been working on text for labels that warn consumers of the coming end of TV's analog era.  One proposal from Arizona Senator John McCain, reads as follows:

"After December 31, 2008, television broadcasters will cease analog over-the-air broadcasts and will broadcast only in digital format.  This television will then no longer be able to receive broadcast programming unless it is connected to a digital tuner, a digital-to analog converter box, or cable, satellite, or other multichannel video services.

Beyond December 31, 2008, this television will, however, continue to display images from devices such as DVD players and videogame consoles or content recorded for display on an analog television using devices such as VCRs, digital video recorders, or DVD recorders."

This should scare some people away from buying analog tv's.....
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

tazman

I also wondered what was going to done at the time, or I should say nearing the time of transition.  That is only fair to the consumer that something like that is done.  Then it's up to the consumer as to what his or her investment is in this soon to be out dated technology.  I would think though that manufacturers would stop production of these sets and the labeling would only be there untill remaining inventory is sold :)