• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Transferring saved programs from SA 8000 to SA 8300 DVR

Started by The Law, Monday May 16, 2005, 08:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Law

Can this be done - xfer programs from TWCs SA8000 to the 8300?  I'd like to upgrade my box and would like to copy over my saved programs.

mhz40

gb4fan92

Same here. I can never empty my saved programs because by the time I watch them more keeps recording. So I have been holding off on upgrading.

jamisonweber

Quote from: The LawCan this be done - xfer programs from TWCs SA8000 to the 8300?  I'd like to upgrade my box and would like to copy over my saved programs.

According to several TWC customer reps the answer is no.

Quote from: gb4fan92Same here. I can never empty my saved programs because by the time I watch them more keeps recording. So I have been holding off on upgrading.

I had the same problem, but because my SA8000 kept crashing I needed to switch it out. So I ended up having both the SA8000 and the SA83000 for about a week.

Yes you pay for both boxes but atleast you get the new box.  :wave:

Jamwe

oz

Come on TV nerds, you can miss a few shows!   :)

Or wait a few weeks until the repeats start up again in full force.

Joseph S

D-VHS and/or an OTA recorder. :D That's why I don't subscribe to the Time Warner DVR. It's way too restrictive in terms of capacity and archving for my needs.