• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

SA 8000HD 480i/1080i

Started by kjheu, Thursday May 05, 2005, 11:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjheu

Does anyone know what this box does when both of these output formats are selected?  My TV (Samsung HC-P4241W) can only scale the image if it's 480i on the component input.  If I set the box for 480i only I can use the tvs stretch modes, but with both outputs selected the stretch modes are unavailable.  
But when both formats are selected and I switch to a HD channel the tv flickers like its changing resolution, so I don't know what's going on.

Any thoughts?  I'd prefer to use the tvs stretch modes vs the SA. :blush:

(SA box is set for 16x9, stretch  4x3)

kevbeck122

The box keeps SD channels at 480i and keeps HD channels (720p and 1080i) at 1080i if you are using those two resolution settings.  I don't see how it would affect your TV with both settings enabled.  If your TV's stretch settings are anything like mine, they're useless when connecting to a box.  I have regular, full, zoom1 and zoom2.  In order to watch things without having the picture squeezed, I have to use full.  Regular, zoom1 and zoom the picture looks squeezed even in SD channels.  Just keep 4:3 like it's supposed to be, instead of making people look fat :D