• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Looking for a BIG Picture

Started by Gregg Lengling, Monday Apr 25, 2005, 12:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

JVC has released it's latest addition to it's HD-ILA rear projection light engines.  The new 70" integrated set is HUGE, but beautiful.  Once again JVC put the speakers below the screen and make this monster fit where others (read Hitachi) can't.  It's in the stores now with a street price of $5999.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Paul S.

Have you actually seen it yet? PQ?

gparris

JVC's D-ILA LCoS light engine has got bigger, model HD-70G886 in black.

Newer models that replaced the original D-ILAs in the 52 and 61 inchers are also in black - I have seen them.

These black cabinet unit,  instead of silver,  look better to me,  against the excellent picture, colours and contrast of this JVC D-ILA system sets.

Are the 70" models available in any "local" stores? :D

Gregg Lengling

I set up the 70" at Colders in Grafton on Friday( and accordingly there is one on Display at the Delafield store, I don't think the other 2 stores have put them on display yet, but they do have them in their warehouses.) (they just came in on the 21st).  The new integrated 52 and 61 are available in the old Gray or the new black.

The picture quality is stunning, I think the new light engine is much superior to the old one, because the when showing a 52" DILA next to a 52" DLP the DLP always won.  However now the 70 is blowing my socks off, we have it right next to the 70" Hitachi in the store and I sure like the JVC much better....

Now to get my wife to allow me to bring one home to replace the 65" Hitachi.....Yeah like that's going to happen.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Paul S.

gparris

The 70" is not set up yet in the Colder's store in Oak Creek as the salesman says they are waiting for the matching stand.

You are right, Gregg, the Hitachi has those speaker "wings" on them, like all LCD RPTVs and it takes up more space, so my neighbour is looking at the JVC D-ILA sets not only for improved colour, brightness and clarity, but space saving design.
My Hitachi 70" is about 74" wide vs. the JVC at 10" less at about 64.

At about $6000 list price, I am certain the JVC will go on sale when stock allows for more like $4999 or $5499 over time.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: gparrisThe 70" is not set up yet in the Colder's store in Oak Creek as the salesman says they are waiting for the matching stand.

Actually they fit on the stand for the 52 and 61, granted there is a new stand that is a little bigger and different but it does fit on the basic stand.  At this rate Oak Creek will be waiting a month before they show it as the stand wasn't even on order last Thursday as the buyer made an OOOPS!
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

gparris

Looks like if we want to preview the 70" JVC D-ILA we should visit the Grafton store and drool along with you, Gregg! :cool:

All you need is a lightn' strike on your Hitachi 65" and your 70" D-ILA is on its way
-then you will have WAF (wife acceptance factor). Good, er, bad luck! :D

StarvingForHDTV

What's the native resolution of that display?  Thanks in advance.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: StarvingForHDTVWhat's the native resolution of that display?  Thanks in advance.

It's 720p, the 1080p DILA and DLP's won't be hitting the streets until probably around Thanksgiving.\
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

StarvingForHDTV

gparris

I just went into the American store since Colder's nearby did not have the JVC D-ILA set in the 70" up yet.  
Well, American does, and like Gregg did, they have next to the Hitachi 70"- also, the Sony 70" - all three are lined up and the asking the $5999 price for each one of them. American sells its own brand of stands and it looked quite cool on it.
The 70" JVC I thought out shined, literally, the other two sets in colour and brightness...sorry Sony, it may not be a $13,000 Qualia 006, but with the LCoS technology, a fantastic picture at less than half the price! ;)