• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

The Great Mike Sherman

Started by Ralph Kramden, Monday Jan 10, 2005, 08:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Kramden

Do you think the GREAT Mike Sherman will be fired as GM and/or coach?

Milwaukee12

aaron31182

No, but hopefully most of the defensive players and assistant coaches are.

Matt Heebner

I am not sure why there are sooo many people willing to defend Mike Sherman. His play-off record is absolutely terrible, and when you have the QB that the Packers have, and you are not winning in the post season for the last 5 years....heads should roll, and they should start at the top !!

Hell, Seattle is seriously considering firing Holmgren, and he has taken a much lessor offense to the playoffs--but still unable to win in the post season. What does that say about out "revered" coach and GM Mike Sherman ?

I can't help but think that under the Sherman era, we have SQUANDERED many opportunities with what I consider to be the best quarterback to have ever played the game. I truely fear what will become of the PAck post-Favre.

Don't get me wrong...Favre needs to shoulder the responsibility of his interceptions, but the road back to the Superbowl has Favre in the drivers seat. I just don't see it happening with Sherman as head coach and/or GM.

Oh, and just as a side note I was at the Vikings game and I did notice Sherman standing a good 15 yards downfield from all the rest of the players on the sidelines. Never interacting, never getting excited...just looking at that damn clipboard ALL GAME LONG.  Even my Dad made a few comments regarding that. Makes you wonder about the "symbiosis" of the TEAM.

Matt

mhz40

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Heebner
I am not sure why there are sooo many people willing to defend Mike Sherman. His play-off record is absolutely terrible, and when you have the QB that the Packers have, and you are not winning in the post season for the last 5 years....heads should roll, and they should start at the top !!Matt
Sherman didn't miss the tackles on D and throw 4 interceptions on O. I don't care who the coach is... you are not going to many games with the performance on the field on both sides of the ball on Sunday. I for one am not too disappointed. IMO, our D was way to bad to go all the way anyway. You can't expect #4 to put up 40 points every game.  What did bum me out was the early 17 point deficit... it took them out of their game plan almost immediately.
Are changes needed? Yes, but they don't have to include firing Sherman from coaching.

Matt Heebner

I agree that the play of the Packers was an embarassment to say the least...but does anyone see a 5 year trend ?

Playoffs against the Rams...total meltdown.
Playoffs against the Falcons...total meltdown
Playoffs against the Eagles..not a total meltdown, but 2 huge mistakes of epic porportions (4th and 26,  not going for it on 4th down)
Playoffs against Vikings...total meltdown.

Why in the world would anyone WANT to keep Sherman as coach ? I guess i just don't see his worth.  Maybe Sherman is a okay coach, but not being able to get it done in the post season I just can't get over. I think there must be larger issues and again I think we have squandered away years when we should have gotten much farther that the first round of the playoffs (sometimes second round).

Probably too little too late but do you honestly think that without Favre, we have a chance of even getting to the playoffs ?\

Squandered.........

Matt

StarvingForHDTV

I agree they should pull the plug on Sherman.  The isolation during the game is not helping the team.  He interacts with the players at halftime, and they usually come out and play better for a little while.  Then it's back to his isolation, and the quality of play drifts down again.  How about a coach that interacts with the players DURING the game?  How about a coach that will talk to Favre when he is in "interception mode" and try to fix him a bit?

Yes there are bad plays, but also some of those players are capable of playing better.  We have seen them play well at times.  It's the coach's job to get those players to play their best....  Sherman is failing.

Paul S.

To hell with what happened during the playoffs- how about his dumbass picks? Amahd Carrol and a lousy benched punter. I think he's ok at best for coaching, but we need a better GM.

Amahd Carrol...please.

(disclaimer- I massivly hate Carrol)

720p

I never thought Sherman was head coach material to begin with.  I hope the new GM exercises his option and fires him soon.

gb4fan92

QuoteOriginally posted by 720p
I never thought Sherman was head coach material to begin with.  I hope the new GM exercises his option and fires him soon.

And then hire who?  Lovie Smith?? Mike Tice?? or how about Dennis Ecikerson???

Please be careful what you wish for!!! Have you forgotten the after Lombardi years????

720p

QuoteOriginally posted by gb4fan92
And then hire who?  Lovie Smith?? Mike Tice?? or how about Dennis Ecikerson???

Please be careful what you wish for!!! Have you forgotten the after Lombardi years????

I personally hate the Packers so they can hire any putz off the street for all I care.  In all seriousness though, many of my friends like the Pack and I do think they can do better than Sherman.  If I were the Packers GM I'd be looking closely at the offensive and defensive coordinators in the AFC for a possible job at GB.  It may not be easy as a lot of guys don't want to come here because it's so frickin' cold.  Not that I blame them that much.  ;)

Paul S.

Mike Tice?! The Butcher?

"Pork chops, 10 bucks!"