News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

I'll ask again, Toshiba problem

Started by Tonys, Thursday Dec 09, 2004, 12:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonys

I have a Toshiba H83, the problem is the corners of the screen are darker than the rest of the picture. Before I take the set in for service would anyone be able to tell me if there is some adjustmet to brighten the corners? Could it also be that I have a bad screen. I had to remove the screens and clean them because my daughter sprayed the screen and it ran down the front and ended up being sucked up in between the three screens. Now I cleaned them with windex and did't realize untill later that you should use something specail to prevent removing the black lines, I didn't notice any removal of anything as I was cleaning them. They are installed correctly, I have the service manual and placed them in the proper order and direction. Could someone help me out?? Thanks

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonys
I have a Toshiba H83, the problem is the corners of the screen are darker than the rest of the picture. Before I take the set in for service would anyone be able to tell me if there is some adjustmet to brighten the corners? Could it also be that I have a bad screen. I had to remove the screens and clean them because my daughter sprayed the screen and it ran down the front and ended up being sucked up in between the three screens. Now I cleaned them with windex and did't realize untill later that you should use something specail to prevent removing the black lines, I didn't notice any removal of anything as I was cleaning them. They are installed correctly, I have the service manual and placed them in the proper order and direction. Could someone help me out?? Thanks

Looks like you need to hit up the Toshiba forum at thehometheaterspot.com. I highly reccommend it!!

StarvingForHDTV

Is your screen flat?  Maybe it got a bit bowed when you re-installed it.  I would think that might cause an uneven brightness.  This is just a guess.

Tonys

Thanks for the advise. The screen is flat and does not appear out of shape. I contacted toshiba and they recomend I take the set in. I am still open for ideas though to save me some of the hassle. If I take it in it will be after Christmas. Thanks