News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Can't get rid of pillarbox on hdtv programing

Started by mitzymoo, Thursday Dec 09, 2004, 03:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitzymoo

Just had TW here yesterday for install. My problem is I cant get my tv to stretch in hdtv. My Zenith 40w46 great picture by the way wont allow me to adjust the picture mode in hd. I can only adjust the picture mode in non hd, when I switch back to hd it still has pillarbox. Also have explorer 8000hd dvr. Talked to Zenith customer no service and they are also puzzeled. Any suggestions. Thanks MGD

Snard

QuoteOriginally posted by mitzymoo
Just had TW here yesterday for install. My problem is I cant get my tv to stretch in hdtv. My Zenith 40w46 great picture by the way wont allow me to adjust the picture mode in hd. I can only adjust the picture mode in non hd, when I switch back to hd it still has pillarbox. Also have explorer 8000hd dvr. Talked to Zenith customer no service and they are also puzzeled. Any suggestions. Thanks MGD
Did you go into the Settings menu on your SA8000HD and tell it you have a wide screen TV? That should fix your problem.
- Mike Shawaluk

Samsung UN46D6000
Philips 40PFL4706/F7B

Now with Windows Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime!

mitzymoo

I have the sa8000hd set to widescreen but cant seem to stretch the 4:3 hdtv images on things like the news for example. My zenith tv wont let change the picture in hd. Only in sdef can i stretch the screen. Thanks MGD

smack

when you say stretch the 4:3 hd stuff, do you mean the ABC, NBC, FOX etc shows that are on the HD channels but not actually in HD?

Because if it is in 4:3 it is not really an HD picture, it is an upconvert.

Does your TV have a zoom setting or stretch mode?

Both the Box and the TV should have settings for screen size.  Make sure they are both set correctly.

You should not have to do anything when you get a true HD signal it should fill the screen by itself if you have them both set to wide screen / 16:9.  When you watch something in 4:3 you will have to stretch / zoom it to fill the screen.

Is that what you are saying you can't do?

smack