• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WAY off topic - good car stereo place?

Started by jcwillia, Monday Nov 01, 2004, 08:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcwillia

Sorry, I searched the entire web for good Milwaukee forums, and this is the best I could find...

Does anyone have any experience with the car stereo shops in town and are any of them good/bad?

I'm looking to upgrade my car stereo, but I want to go to a place that knows what they're doing and won't charge you an arm and a leg.

Gregg Lengling

They all charge an arm and a leg, but D&D Electronics in Thiensville has a good reputation.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

HiFiTy

It depends on what you are looking to do.  Do you just want a head unit, or are you going with a deck, amp, and a few speakers, or do you want a high end custom job?

Kar Tunes in South Milwaukee has been good to me, but I have a fairly extensive system in my truck.  I know the install manager at American in Oak Creek and would recommend his services to anyone as well.  Flanners will do good work but will probably be on the high end of the cost scale.  I would probably stay away from Auto Sound & Effects as I have not been too impressed with the custom jobs I have seen from that place.

Doug Mohr

QuoteOriginally posted by HiFiTy
Kar Tunes in South Milwaukee has been good to me, but I have a fairly extensive system in my truck.  I know the install manager at American in Oak Creek and would recommend his services to anyone as well.  Flanners will do good work but will probably be on the high end of the cost scale.  I would probably stay away from Auto Sound & Effects as I have not been too impressed with the custom jobs I have seen from that place.

Last time I was at Flanners I was told they no longer do car stereo work. Maybe they just don't do it for customers like me :bang:

Doug

brewtownska

The car audio stuff at Flanners moved out a few years ago, but they aren't GONE...the guy moved it to a new store called STAY TUNED and it's in Waukesha.  I-94 to Hwy 18 (Moreland Blvd) into Waukesha...left onto Mannhatten Dr (there's a Pick 'N Save there on the left).  They're a block or 2 down on the left side.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Doug Mohr

QuoteOriginally posted by brewtownska
The car audio stuff at Flanners moved out a few years ago, but they aren't GONE...the guy moved it to a new store called STAY TUNED and it's in Waukesha.  I-94 to Hwy 18 (Moreland Blvd) into Waukesha...left onto Mannhatten Dr (there's a Pick 'N Save there on the left).  They're a block or 2 down on the left side.

Thanks!!

Matt Heebner

My buddy owns Neptune's Audio in Port Washington, and West Bend. His name is Rob. Mention my name and he'll treat ya right. He sells and does custom installations.

(Although I agree with Gregg...they seem to all charge an arm and a leg)

Matt

jcwillia

since I'm in Bay View, I'll look up Kar Tunes...thanks!!!

where exactly is kar tunes?

jcwillia

hey as long as we're off topic...

I've been told the way to go for new car speakers is components but no one seems to know what a fair price to pay for decent component speakers should be.

someone asked what I want to do - at the moment I want to upgrade my speakers and add a 1/8" stereo plug for my mp3 player.  In the future, I'd like to replace my deck and get an amp and maybe someday subs.  I'm not the type of guy who does all that at once though.  I buy things in stages.

Todd Wiedemann

Quote from: Matt HeebnerMy buddy owns Neptune's Audio in Port Washington, and West Bend. His name is Rob. Mention my name and he'll treat ya right. He sells and does custom installations.

(Although I agree with Gregg...they seem to all charge an arm and a leg)

Matt

Hey, Matt ...

Did something happen with Neptune's ?? Number comes up as disconnected.

Matt Heebner

I guess he closed the Port store, and consolidated to just the much larger West Bend store. I can't seem to find his number right now, but I will get it from his nephew with whom I shoot darts.

Matt

Matt Heebner

Found it on whitepages.com:

Neptune's Audio
415 N Main St,
West Bend, WI 53090
(262) 335-3474

Matt

Todd Wiedemann

Quote from: Matt HeebnerFound it on whitepages.com:

Neptune's Audio
415 N Main St,