News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone using Dish Network 811 to tune OTA?

Started by Ralph Kramden, Saturday Oct 30, 2004, 05:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Kramden

I am using Dish Network's 811 HD receiver to also tune my OTA channels from Milwaukee. A little while ago I was checking what was on OTA channels, and I could not pick up ANY of the digital channels. Only the analog channels came in. This has never happened before, and I was wondering if it has ever happened to anyone else? What could cause this, it doesn't make sense?
I will check again later to see if it's still happening. Thanks for any advice.

Nels Harvey

I have a D* 811 that hangs up frequently.  I have to unplug the receiver for at least 15 seconds, then let the data catch up after it is back on.  Perhaps that will help you too.  BTW, this is a "Fix" that is shown on one of the D* help channels.
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

crumb snatcher

I have a Dish 811 receiver hooked up to my Hitachi 50v500 and it works just fine.  It has the occasional lock ups, but a quick reboot helps for that.  I'm picking up my OTA HD channels just fine.

byteme

I'm using a 91XG from antenna's direct and the 811 box, other than the known issues with channel guide, etc, I've not had any issues with getting all of the MKE HD channels now that I've upgraded antenna and changed its location.