• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Faroudja Introduces Two New Digital HD Video Processors, And A New 1080p D-ILA Packag

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Aug 26, 2004, 08:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Faroudja will introduces two new HD Digital Video Processors and a new high-resolution D-ILA Projector Package at the Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA) Expo 2004, in Indianapolis. Faroudja's new DVP1080 HD Digital Video Processor features new circuitry that supports high bandwidth High-Definition processing, converting HD signals from 1080i to 1080p for maximum image quality. The DVP1510 HD Digital Video Processor offers a new circuit board and front-panel design implementing HDCP compatibility. The DILA-1080p HD Theater Optimized Digital Projector Package brings to Faroudja's growing family of Home Theater Display Packages a new three-chip design featuring 1.78:1 (16:9) 1920 x 1080 resolution.

DVP1080 HD Digital Video Processor

The DVP1080 Processor adds a new level of sophistication to Faroudja's family of advanced processors. It combines high bandwidth HDTV processing with numerous other leading-edge features, including selectable output resolution, HDTV cross-conversion, Faroudja's Emmy award-winning suite of video enhancement technologies, and HDCP compatibility. The DVP1080 employs a new circuit board design for processing high-bandwidth, High-Definition at 1080i interlaced resolution and converting it to 1920 x 1080p progressive. Faroudja was the first company to offer 1080i-to-1080p conversion for CRT projectors with its DVP5000 Digital Video Processor in 2000, which set new standards for image quality. With a new generation of high-performance 1920 x 1080p digital display devices entering the market, Faroudja's expertise is again critical to obtaining the best image possible form High Definition sources. The DVP1080 offers a high bandwidth mode, which converts 1080i to 1080p without aspect ratio or level controls (such as brightness, contrast, etc.) to keep the high-definition signal as pure as possible. A second mode offers cross-conversion capabilities (1080i or 720p to 1366 x 768 for plasma monitors, for example) plus full level and aspect ratio controls. The DVP1080 also converts standard definition 480i NTSC, 576i PAL sources to the display's native resolution for improved HDTV performance, bypassing the display's internal processing. High-quality digital signal information is sent from the processor to the display's Digital Video Interface (DVI) at the digital display's optimized resolution. Additional features include Faroudja's DCDi (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing), 2-3 pull-down, TrueLife Enhancement, HDTV transcoding, DVI digital signal pass-through, and RS232 control. The DVP1080 also stores up to 16 display Profiles, allowing multiple displays to benefit from a single DVP10180 processor, including plasma, DLP, LCD, D-ILA and CRT displays.

DVP1510 HD Digital Video processor

The DVP1510 HD Digital Video Processor is the next generation version from the award-winning DVP1500 Processor offering new front panel industrial design and HDCP compatibility. The DVP1510 shares many of the features found in the DVP1500, including High Definition cross-conversion, and adds an Internal DVD drive with the audiophile audio stage. The internal drive allows for superior images with digital displays by maintaining a pure digital connection from the source, through the processor and to the display via DVI connectivity.

DILA-1080p HD Digital Projector Package

The DILA-1080pHD Digital Projector Package delivers state-of-the-art digital picture quality with ease of use and installation. It's a D-ILA projector featuring a new three-chip design offering 1920 x 1080 native resolution, 2000:1 contrast ratio, and a wide 1.78:1 (16:9) aspect ratio for full High-Definition reproduction. As with Faroudja's other Home Theater Display Packages, the DILA-1080pHD is individually aligned and "Theater Optimized" by William Phelps for even greater accuracy and performance. Mr. Phelps is known throughout the high-end theater community for his specialized proprietary software and set-up techniques. The projector's firmware is modified for proper operation with any of Faroudja's HD Digital Video Processors, one of which is included with each projector package. By pre-aligning each system, Faroudja dealers can deliver a state-of-the-art Home Theater experience for every installation without requiring a on-site video calibration expert. The DILA-1080pHD is expected to be available in October with Faroudja's new DVP1080 Digital Video Processor. The suggested retail price will be announced at CEDIA. The DVP1080 Digital Video Processor and DILA1080p HD Digital Projector Package can be seen with Faroudja's other outstanding Home Theater products in Booth SR-17, Indiana Convention Center, during CEDIA EXPO.

For more information, please visit //www.faroudja.com.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}