News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Watch the Pack, listen to Larry and Wayne

Started by vper, Tuesday Aug 17, 2004, 09:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vper

Does anyelse do this?

Watch the Pack on Fox 6, and listen to Larry and Wayne on WTMJ?

I do this because I can't stand most of the broadcast teams that Fox puts up.

The reason I ask is, when they are broadcast in HD, will there be significant lag between the video and audio?  Right now there isn't signifant lag.

I know when I watch on satellite, the lag is about 3-4 secs. Video behind the audio.

bklass

I wish I would have done that.  The broadcast crew from ESPN is the worst one on TV.  I just kept swearing at the TV everytime Theismann made one of his moronic comments.  Their incessant chatter while the game was going on was embarrassing.  Next time I'll have the radio on.

Tom Snyder

When it was Jim Irwin and Max McGee doing the play-by-play, we used to do it all the time... that was back in the days before HD and Satellite...

I suspect the HD on Fox will really delay the video. Too bad it's not the other way around...with the audio being ahead of the video  You could use your DVR to timeshift the video and delay it to synch it up.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

The Law

It must take some time what with all the encoding/decoding that needs to go on - and to mix that in with the dolby stuff on some of the broadcasts.

Besides...I plan on delaying the game by about an hour anyway so I can ffwd all the commercials. :)

ps...fwiw...I prefer to listen to tmj...especially during the god awful Madden/Summerall days.

pps...I hated Madden on reg games...but....now he's MNF...wow...I now enjoy him!

tazman

Ya gotta hand it to Madden, he really knows how to state the obvious.:rolleyes:    "Daaaa..... If Longwel could have got it through the uprights, it would have been a field goal.  Daaaa...":p

Slot Car Driver

TMJ now delays the audio of the Packer games to match the video feed.  I am shure they will be syncing to the analog feed, not the digital feed.  

I heard them talking about this on the Green House last year about how they go to all the trouble to delay the audio so it matches the video.  

I always listen to the radio feed and turn down the tv audio.  At the start of the game sometimes the audio doesn't quite match.  Best way to tell when the audio and video are in sync, is when the Ref. does a penalty.

Will be a little different this year for me watching the delayed digital feed.