• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WB to air two thirds of it's fall lineup in HD

Started by borghe, Wednesday Aug 04, 2004, 08:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borghe

THE WB TO PRESENT NEARLY TWO-THIRDS OF ITS FALL SCHEDULE IN HIGH DEFINITION

NETWORK TO UNVEIL ITS 5.1 DOLBY SURROUND SOUND IN NOVEMBER WITH BROADCAST OF "LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING"

BURBANK, CA (August 4, 2004) – The WB Network continues its commitment to the latest in television technology as it will broadcast 9.5 hours, or 63% of its schedule, in high definition this fall, it was announced today by Garth Ancier, the network's Chairman.

The WB, which has had a substantial percentage of its programming in 1080-I HDTV since Fall, 2003, will broadcast dramas EVERWOOD, GILMORE GIRLS, ONE TREE HILL, SMALLVILLE, THE MOUNTAIN and JACK & BOBBY as well as comedies WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU, COMMANDO NANNY and REBA. The network will also broadcast its biggest events such as LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING, and its first made-for-TV movie, SAMANTHA: AN AMERICAN GIRL in high definition. The WB's Sunday EasyView broadcasts of ONE TREE HILL and THE MOUNTAIN will also be broadcast in HDTV. Additionally, beginning with the November broadcast of LORD OF THE RINGS, The WB will air its shows with 5.1 surround sound.

"Our viewers are early adopters of new technology so The WB wants to offer as much programming in high definition as possible," Mr. Ancier said. "It is important for us to give our audience the best experience possible, and given the cinematic scope and production values of our programs viewers will truly benefit from the amazing depth and clarity high-definition provides."

The WB's HDTV offerings:

Monday – EVERWOOD

Tuesday – GILMORE GIRLS; ONE TREE HILL

Wednesday – SMALLVILLE, THE MOUNTAIN

Friday – WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU, COMMANDO NANNY, REBA

Sunday – ONE TREE HILL (EasyView), ONE TREE HILL (EasyView), JACK & BOBBY

StarvingForHDTV