• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Denon AVR-3805 for $610

Started by Paul S., Tuesday Aug 03, 2004, 05:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul S.

I can get it at that price, should I bite?

Da Man4799

Denons are excellent receivers. I've had my 3802 for almost 3 years now, not one problem. I bought mine for 725.00 back then. I would say go for it. I did some searching I can't fine it anywhere for that. Where did you get that price? Good luck with your decision.
                    Later, Daman

mrmike

I'd say yes.  I've got a 3803 and I love it, but the DenonLink is a good upgrade and that's only about $100 more than I paid for my '03.

-MM

brewtownska

The Denon 3805 you found for that price...is it a Refurbished unit or brand new?  I've been tracking them show up on Ecost once-in-a-while, but I'm not sure if the Refurbs will have the old or new version of the remote (if you've read enough about this receiver, apparently the first series of remotes with them had problems, but they've since made some changes).  I've had good luck buying refurb stuff, but I don't want a bum remote with it.  If this is a deal that more people than just you can get, let us know (or at least send me a private message, because I'm interested too).

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Paul S.

Actually, I'm now getting it brand new for $610. I have a 'friend that works somewhere' and can get it directly from Denon brand schpankin new.

Oh, I wish I could let others in on it, but he would get into trouble if they found out it wasn't for him.

gparris

Make sure that the unit (if anything goes wrong) is under its 2 year warranty as Denon is strict on this sort of thing.
I doubt very much since you have had great success with your other Denon product, that fantastic DVD player (I encouraged you to buy awhile ago) that you will have any difficulty with it.

Crutchfield allowed me to test drive the 2803, 3803 and then compare the 3803 with the 3805 before returning the 3803 to keep the new 3805. The result is I am still amazed at the 3805.
I had to buy it for $1199, though. :(

The difference in the AVR-3803 to the new AVR-3805 is the output and input display on the front panel to tell you what is being inputted as to signal (2.0DD etc.) and outputted (7.1) , a drop-down panel door that duplicates most remote functions, 3 component inputs (vs. 2 on the 3803), electroluminescent remote (very cool), microphone room calibration, Dolby Pro Logic llx (for 7.1), 3-room ability and beefy "inerds" that made is sound better than the 3803 in my "test".

Good luck with the unit and congradulations on getting an excellent product from Denon.:)

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by gparris

I doubt very much since you have had great success with your other Denon product, that fantastic DVD player (I encouraged you to buy awhile ago)

Yes, and I thank you every time I watch it! :)

Looks like I'll have the 3805 in 4-6 weeks, right around moving time!

mrmike

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul S.
Oh, I wish I could let others in on it, but he would get into trouble if they found out it wasn't for him.

I figure in about 2 weeks his house should get broken into and he'll have to buy another one.  Yeah, that's the ticket ;)

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by mrmike
I figure in about 2 weeks his house should get broken into and he'll have to buy another one.  Yeah, that's the ticket ;)

They'll hafta contend with a rottie puppy! lol

sp44again

For $610 I would be all over that and I have a 3803 already. I'd upgrade just for the 3 component inputs instead of 2.

tazman

I'm kinda embarrased to even post here.  Since I'm not running with the big boys.  I just want to say that is a good price.  If I could have afforded it, the 3803 or newer would have been what I would have got.  I don't really need the extra power, but the extra connections are what come in handy.  My 1803 is pretty much maxed out as far as what I can plug into it.