• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Packers go to Pax 55

Started by Tom Snyder, Friday Jul 16, 2004, 12:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

From today's Business Journal:

WTMJ has announced that, because of a scheduling conflict with Olympic coverage, they'll have to shift the broadcast of 2 pre-season games to Pax 55. Games affected are the August 21 Saints game and the August 27 Jaguars game.  
The station, which is billing itself "Your Official Packers Station,"  will carry a 30 minute pregame show on 4 and refer viewers to channel 55 for the actual game. They'll also re-broadcast the games at 5 am the next morning on 4.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

StarvingForHDTV

I hope 55-1 can get rid of the ghosts before then.  I wonder why they are sending their analog signal out on the digital channel?  :confused:

Starving

AndrewP

Maybe better for WTMJ send Olympics to ch. 55.
They will not show it live anyway. So who cares more about Olympics then Packers in our area...

Of course, if ch 55 actually had a digital signal, it did not matter.
But it is analog.

So, WTMJ get it right.

Andrew

Tom Snyder

I could be wrong, but I'm sure it will be broadcast on the Pax digital channel as well...

Sean?
Tom Snyder

AndrewP

So called digital 55 is a fake digital. The picture is just digitized analog picture.

Andrew

StarvingForHDTV

Like 22-1 but a little higher quality....

summerfun

I thought we were getting HD packer games this fall. I don't believe PAX is HD.

Tom Snyder

The Fox, ABC Monday Night, ESPN and possible several of the CBS games will all be HTDV, making potentially the entire season in HD. Pre-season was never promised or really even expected in HD, and those games actually usually are inferior from a production standpoint... local announcers, fewer cameras, fewer graphics... not to mention the quality of play.

The preseason games will be in orignally produced and sent in analog. Not sure what WTMJ or Pax will be upconverting them to if at all...
Tom Snyder