News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox 6 Recption Bottom Line

Started by Tom Snyder, Monday Jun 28, 2004, 07:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How has the Fox6 Transmitter move effected your ability to receiev them over the air?

OULDN\'T get it before, CAN get it now
38 (48.1%)
OULDN\'T get it before, CAN\'T get it now
34 (43%)
OULD get it before, CAN get it now
5 (6.3%)
OULD get it before, CAN\'T get it now
2 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

rnelson

It's 9:00 PM and I'm getting fox at 83%.  Wow, where did all that signal come from??

Roy

Riktar

It sure seams as though (From where I am sitting) Fox6 has only generated enough power to make it out to Germantown. At least when you look at the signal strength which radiates out to cough*Tom Snyder's house*cough the NW area.:D

John L

Maybe with the fact WISN-DT being off the air.  Especially if you might be running a signal amp and causing bleed over from ch. 34 wiping out ch. 33.  

I don't know, I run a 20 db amp on my system and I don't get hardly any overload.  I know it works, I always get a solid signal from WFLD when the antenna is pointed SSE.

-John L.

tazman

I got my new STB yesterday.  I was able to get FOX 6 first try no problem.  With the new receiver that is, and at the same time I could still not get it with my Hauppauge card.  Now that 34 is off the air, I can get 33 FOX 6 on both receivers.:)

AndrewP

I am getting 64% FOX now.
Probably just because ch. 12 is out.
So we know the solution: Ch. 12 should stop their digital signal during the Packers games. Or maybe lower the signal strength to 55% from 94. This is a joke. But if FOX can't do it right, probably we will ask ch.12 for help.

SOS!

September coming!

Andrew, Muskego.

tazman

Again this may have been asked and answered before.  But just out of couriosity, do you think maybe WITI might be keeping the VHF frequency when the switch happens and this channel 33 Ooops is just a temporary add hoc solution for the interim.:confused:

Riktar

Well wonder of wonders! Not only did I receive Fox 6 last night but I am watching the Wakeup News this morning. While the Samsung is only showing 1 bar the signal isn't pixelating and is solid after 5 minutes of watching.

Amazing how much of a difference it makes having WISN go down and now Fox comes in.

Either that or did all you guys between me and WITI lower your antennas to allow a wee bit more signal through?;)

Tom Snyder

Hey Riktar!

I decided to give you a treat and keep my set turned off this morning so that every little milliwatt of signal would be able to make out to cough*Riktar's House*cough  in Neosho! LOL

Actually I just fired iot up for minute and I'm getting an 82!
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Riktar

I want to personally thank all who turned off their sets overnight and into the morning to allow me to watch Wakeup news.

Sadly though the picture is starting to break up and pixelate. Oh well.

Time to head out to work anyway. We'll see how things look later today.:p

bklass

I WAS RECEIVING THE HI-DEF FOX SIGNAL LAST NIGHT WITH NO BREAKUPS OR PIXELATION.  THAT'S A FIRST.  CURIOUSLY THOUGH, CHANNEL 18'S SD SIGNAL WAS OFF THE AIR, ONLY THEIR HD SIGNAL WAS COMING THROUGH.
S.E. OF HWY 83 & I94!

DeBelak

I had fox last night but when 12 came back online I lost fox
 (signal bleeding?)