News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox 6 Recption Bottom Line

Started by Tom Snyder, Monday Jun 28, 2004, 07:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How has the Fox6 Transmitter move effected your ability to receiev them over the air?

OULDN\'T get it before, CAN get it now
38 (48.1%)
OULDN\'T get it before, CAN\'T get it now
34 (43%)
OULD get it before, CAN get it now
5 (6.3%)
OULD get it before, CAN\'T get it now
2 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

easylistener

53095 west Bend signal 20 enough for it to show a picture then fall out.  just need a little more power on that antenna and I could pick it up and watch it.

It is a shame I was realy looking forward to watching 6.

Scott Sippel

Dousman  53118 Results:
two locations

first location: Toshiba DST 3000  w/ roof mounted Winegard Squareshooter: signal in 50/60's with occasional drop outs.  picture comes in but is still not good enough for viewing

second location: roof mounted long range winegard UHF antenna w/pre amp.  
RCA DTC 100 signal in 20's

HR10-250 signal in 30's

neither had signals that were strong enough to produce a picture.
signal strengh for WISN & WTMJ are in the 90's.  WDJT is in the 60's & 70's

Riktar

Zipcode added to profile. But I STILL can't pull in the signal. NUTS!

John L

Muskego here, near Hwy 36 & 45.  Couldn't get it before, but I get it NOW and Locked in and error free!

-John L.

tazman

COULDN'T get it before, CAN'T get it now

Absolutely nothing here on the north side of the town of Jackson, 53037.  I brought up the diagnostics panel on Hauppauges software and there is not even a hint that there is something that it's trying to lock on.:(   I have a WineGard HD-7084P on a 35 foot tower.

GADGET71

Out here in Jefferson, did not expect to get it easy.  I did some changes to my antenna setup last week, I was getting Cbs 58 with about 4 bars on my setup before the changes, now I can't get them at all.  I hope if I change things back I could get Fox 6, but don't expect that it will be much better than 58 even with the change.  I plan to keep working on Fox 47 out of Madison which is 10 miles closer and more powerful.  However I still have dropouts occassional, and more frequent with bad weather. Wish Fox 6 would boost their signal to the level of 4 and 12.

Gadget71
________
buy iolite vaporizer

dlhoppe

Update my zipcode on my profile.  Glad they asked for my zip so they can point the transmitter towards me.  :D

davezen2

Hartford- 53027

COULDN'T get it before, CAN'T get it now

Getting short blips on the meter, but not enough for the reciever  to even lock on to the signal.

Detritus

Couldn't before - Can now.

Zip 53202 (lower east side / downtown)

Signal is unstable (0 - 45%), perhaps multipath problems.

It does not maintain a lock, I do have that problem on some of the other low power stations, as well, though.

SRW1000

Random Lake - 53075

Couldn't get it before, can't get it now.

I was hoping they were only running at micro power while in some very short testing phase.  That doesn't seem to be the case, sigh.

Scott

rnelson

Couldn't Before but Can Now.

However picture has too much breakup.

It would be interesting to see of those who can actually lock a picture, how many get no break up when viewing.

Signal is 64%

willieG

Milwaukee - 53221 - 27th & Edgerton

Couldn't get it before, CAN get it now.

30 - 36% on Samsung SIR-TS160, cheap RS antenna in garage rafters. I get 100% on other channels. Stable picture though.

Bill

Slot Car Driver

53005 Brookfield near Butler

I could get it before, only on the roof mounted antenna that was pointed at there studio tower.  Now I can get it, but not on the roof mounted antenna that is pointed straight east, but on the attic antenna pointed east.  Must be some multi path issues that the attic antenna handles better. Go figure.

dlhoppe

Something tells me the poll results will not be a reliable guage.  Too many people are claiming they "can now" when it's not a stable, locked signal. That doesn't make sense.

Tom,

Can you create another poll with appropriate selections?

1. Couldn't before, locked and watchable now.
2. Couldn't before, still can't watch now.
etc...

Looks like there are very few who can actually watch WITI right now.

StarvingForHDTV

At least with the zip codes posted, I will know where I have to move to get their signal ;)

Nobody move to 53092 (Mequon).  There is nothing to see here anymore.

I agree that the "Yes" votes should only be counted for those with stable signals that don't have breakups.  No point in saying you get the signal if it's too annoying to watch due to drop outs.  I doubt if our votes matter much to WITI anyway.

Starving