• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New Website

Started by Milwaukee12, Monday May 17, 2004, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milwaukee12

BrewCityNews

Wow.. you couldn't even reformat the information I'd researched and maintained on BrewCityNews?  You just hijacked my information and ported it over into your own site.

Btw... the links you included even use the WayBack Machine formatting... presumably from when you used Archive.org to find my old site. ;)

-BJ

milwaukeetv@brewcitynews.com

techguy1975

Doesnt the old saying go, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" or something like that??    I noticed that too....YOu may also want to check some of the links, milw12...many are very wrong....

Milwaukee12

Yes, I know that I copied theinformation, but ever since you went off-line, I missed the news and screenshots.  I wanted to try to preserve what you had.  If you want me to take it off-line, just say so and I will.

Thanks for the time you were on the web.

Dick Nitelinger

Hmm....

As someone with two degrees from MSOE - who also taught there and was both a full professor and (for awhile) director of the mechanical engineering program, I'm a bit disappointed that you would "heist" someone else's site and then post it to the school's.

- Dick

Milwaukee12

Well, I am sorry that you feel that way but I am not a student.  A very good friend of mine was kind enough to let me use his server space for the time being.  Since hosting a website can get to be outrageously expensive, he gave me a free alternative.  Please don't think that I would do this if there were websites out there that would host my site for free.

I also posted that If he wants me to take the site down, I will do so any a moments notice.

BrewCityNews

There's no need to remove the site.  I claim no ownership to the information, of course, as it's all in the public domain.

I merely thought it was in poor taste that you copied/pasted the information from my site to yours, even retaining much of the formatting.

Please re-check your WITI page.  You've still retained a BrewCityNews link.  Thanks.

Good luck,

-BJ

milwaukeetv@brewcitynews.com

Paul S.

Arrr, internet piracy! Avast!

The Law

QuoteArrr, internet piracy! Avast!

har har :rofl:

midwesterntv

I'll overlook the screenshots and video that were swiped from my site. ;)

I really don't mind. I think it's actually excellent to see someone as interested in the local news here as I am.

And I'm flattered that people actually did go to my old site.

Milwaukee12

Please tell friends and family about the website.  I need sme hits.

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Milwaukee12
Please tell friends and family about the website.  I need sme hits.

Might wanna add nekked broads.