• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Batman Comes Alive

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Apr 15, 2004, 11:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

(Don't know how I missed this as it hit the news on March 10, but better late than never.)

El Segundo, California (of course)

Batman is about to be unleashed from the Bat Cave.  Warner Bros., Mattel and VEIL Technology have teamed up to create the Batwave interactive toys.  The toys will be activated by data transmitted in the vertical blanking interval carried in the telecast of an upcoming Batman series.

The toy line will be rolled out with the new animated series starring the Caped Crusader to debut next fall on Kids! WB and later on Cartoon Network.

Each episode of "The Batman" will carry VEIL encoded Bat information, all delivered to the handy $33 Batwave handheld, which can be attached to the $39 Batwave Batman action figure (with spring-loaded Batarang), and/or the $52 Batwave Batmobile with blue side and "fin" lights, rumble rack, turbo mode with pop-up rear-fender missile pods and simulated red LED lasers (handheld included).

"More than any other superhero, Batman is known for the crime-fighting technology he utilizes in his mission to keep Gotham safe from all manner of evildoers," said Warner Bros. Animation President Sander Schwartz, as only the head of a cartoon empire could.  "From the tech-filled Batcave to the Batmobile, from the Bat-Jet to the Baterang, Batman's use of next-generation technology has always been front and center.  It's  only fitting that his new show.... should be the first animated series to employ VEIL's technology to create a one-of-a-kind experience for Batman's vast audience."

The handheld functions either as a standalone gaming device, or download storyline information to the peripherals.  The Batwave Batman and Batmobile can also pick up the VBI information on their own and kick in when the show is on.

(From TV Technology, March 10, 2004)
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Todd Wiedemann

Sweet !

If I didn't have so much invested in 'Six Million Dollar Man' toys, I'd love to try that out !