• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

My Local Watering Hole Gets HDTV !!!

Started by Matt Heebner, Saturday Dec 13, 2003, 09:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Heebner

My brother calls me last night (He owns the kitchen at Steves On Bluemound) to tell me that they just got a 65" Hitachi HDTV to replace the ancient 50" analog Mits. He was calling because they couldn't get it working right and needed some help. Anyways I went to help out (and have a delicious hops and barley pop or two) and we got it working correctly. I did a quick manual convergence for them, and got the inputs labeled correctly. Sometime next week TWC will be coming out to run a line and install the HD box for it.

Everytime there was a good HD football game, or sporting event on....it was always a toss up. Do I want to invite friends over to my house and watch it, or do I want to go by my brothers and watch it with him ? (My brother and I are good friends and I try to watch as much at SOB's as possible because owning the kitchen there he is always open during sporting events for food, and I feel bad that he is "chained" to the kitchen all the time)

I tried to split it up 50/50 but sometimes I really hated missing the HD broadcast, or not being able to hang out with my bro. I have been on them for two years to get a HD set. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore. I just hope that TWC includes ESPN-HD soon.

Anyone in the 'Tosa area looking for a cool sports bar to hang out at and watch sports in HD, Steves On Bluemound will have the hook up !!

Man this is so awesome.

:D :D

Matt

Todd Wiedemann

The question is, Matt, can we 'drop' your name and get some HD onion rings ?? ;) :D

Matt Heebner

Absolutely. Just tell Mike (my bro) that you know me and that I told you go there. I'm sure he'll set you up real nice. If you are a hamburger fan....he makes the best burger I've ever had. Try it and you'll see!

:p

Matt

Todd Wiedemann

QuoteIf you are a hamburger fan....he makes the best burger I've ever had.
Dude ... I am a serious hamburger fan. Actually, it's the only meat I eat.

I'm going to have to get there, now. Sounds great !

Dan the Man

Not to advertise, or endorse any specific establishment, but perhaps it might make sense to have a forum where members can post your favorite tavern/restaurant that has HDTV available for viewing.

Sometimes, you want to get together with a few friends not at the house, but still experience the sights and sounds of HDTV (yes, I stole that line). We are "HDTV Milwaukee".

Just a suggestion.

Todd Wiedemann

Done deal. See the sticky topic in this forum.

Good idea, Dan.

Paul S.

Arrrgh Matey! Hamburgers!

That place used to be a shathole- haven't been there since '98.

Matt Heebner

They've done some extensive remodeling in the last few years. I used to ge there years ago as well when it was a dark cave. Much nicer now. My only complaint is on busy Friday and Saturday nights it just gets too smokey in there. I know that in the spring they are getting a new ventilation system so that should help. I guess any bar gets that way on the weekends.

Matt