• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Kindred Spirits with Tim Cuprisin

Started by Tom Snyder, Thursday Sep 25, 2003, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

In today's column Tim mentions the work on Channel 6's tower causing WUWM's transmitter some problems... forcing them to broadcast at lower power.

The last line:

There's no word on when the work will be finished.

I guess Fox ain't talking to NOBODY! :p
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Gregg Lengling

My source "Deep Throat" says just a couple weeks of work left.  So we'll leave it at that!
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

John L

The article did give proof that WITI is actually working on raising the power of its signal.

That is good news.  That means sometime by late this fall I should be able to receive WITI's digital on my system here in Muskego via OTA!

-John L.

Gregg Lengling

No it doesn't mean they are raising their power.  What it means is they will be able to transfer the antenna that they are currently using at their studios (125' off the ground) to the main tower and get it up there somewhere above 750 feet.  The will be using the same transmitter so they still will be running low power.  And with 2 high power stations nearby in frequency (channel 35 WMVT and channel 34 WISN) your receiver AGC will probably keep you from receiving them.  OH WELL...all we can do is hope for the best.
:bang:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

mhz40

QuoteOriginally posted by Gregg Lengling
No it doesn't mean they are raising their power.  What it means is they will be able to transfer the antenna that they are currently using at their studios (125' off the ground) to the main tower and get it up there somewhere above 750 feet.  The will be using the same transmitter so they still will be running low power.  And with 2 high power stations nearby in frequency (channel 35 WMVT and channel 34 WISN) your receiver AGC will probably keep you from receiving them.  OH WELL...all we can do is hope for the best.
:bang:

If you really get hard-up, you could split your antenna feed and banndpass 6's HD signal.  It should only cost a hundred bucks or so for a decent filter....

Gregg Lengling

That's it exactly...it would cost on the order of $400.00 for filters with a steep enough slope to do that.  Actually I've done it in the past for Sheboygan County's 900 MHz WAN to remove the paging transmitter interference at 929 and 931 megs.  The WAN was on the ISM freqs of 902 to 928.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI