• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Terk Starts Education Initiative With New HDTV Antenna Lineup

Started by Gregg Lengling, Tuesday Aug 19, 2003, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

By Staff
TWICE
8/18/2003

Commack, N.Y.— In order to help consumers learn — "What is HDTV? How do I get it? What is the right antenna for me?" — Terk Technologies has launched what it calls the HDTV Initiative. This education/marketing program includes, together with three new outdoor antennas, a series of innovative educational tools for the retailer and consumer alike.

A critical part of Terk's Initiative is its HDTV Reception Center point-of-purchase (POP) display. This in-store setup is designed to inform consumers about free HDTV broadcasting, as well as to assist them in selecting the proper on-air antenna. The counter-top, slat-wall or shelf-mount POP will take the guess-work out of the selection process, said Terk, and will increase the attachment rate of antennas to HDTV sets. It is combined with a pocket-sized information card for store sales people.

The launch of Terk's HDTV Reception Center coincides with the debut of a trio of new Terk outdoor HDTV antennas, designed to expand and complement the company's current outdoor antenna line in order to meet the growing needs of the HDTV consumer.

The line adds TV32, a small directional, 4-bay bow-tie antenna made for channels 14 through 69. The TV32, at a suggested $99.99 retail, is a 13 element antenna designed for UHF-only reception in suburban areas.

TV36 is a medium directional UHF/VHF/FM antenna made for channels 2 through 69. The TV36 is a 33 element antenna ideal for mid-range reception with clear line-of-site to a signal tower. The suggested retail is $129.99.

TV38, a large directional UHF/VHF/ FM antenna, also is made for channels 2 through 69. Terk's TV38 is a 43 element antenna with a double boom design for extra strength and rigidity. It is ideal for the best reception over long distances or when placed in attics. The suggested retail is $199.99.

The new antennas, which are OEM product from Winegard, complement the existing Terk outdoor antenna line, which includes the satellite dish-mounted TV42 and TV44, and the slim-profile TV55. Antennas come complete with installation hardware for mounting.

"With the rapidly growing HDTV market, Terk was looking to lend its expertise to its retailers by creating tools to educate and inform customers," said executive VP Greg Keys.

"[Since] nine out of 10 households currently [are] capable of receiving digital television signals, the growth of HDTV products will continue. Terk intends to be at the forefront of guiding customers to the right products for their needs, and the Reception Center is designed to aid them in their education process," Keys said.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

borghe

this is actually really interesting.. The TV32 sounds like a replacement for the RS DBT... too bad it costs 10 times what I piad for mine, and I believe even 5 times what they were originally going for.. :(