• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HDTV at State Fair

Started by Kevin Arnold, Thursday Jul 31, 2003, 10:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Arnold

Since the Fair starts today it's time to see if anyone knows what will be on display and who is going to be doing it.  Last year the Wisconsin Assn. of Broadcasters had a small display.  Since PBS has their demo running all the time now and all the major stations are up and running, I wonder what this year holds.  Will the Journal finally put in HD in their booth?  I've always been surprised by the minimal presence of the other major broadcast outlets at the fair.  Anyone?
Kevin Arnold

Tom Snyder

Quoteall the major stations are up and running

ALL the major stations? What about Fox 6?

Oh yeah, you said MAJOR...

OK, fine. Cheap shot... :blush: Man, no wonder Chuck Steinmetz isn't answering my emails!
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Kevin Arnold

I'm glad you took the first cheap shot, Tom. I was going to, suggest they put a powerful antenna on the double ferris wheel and run it up to the top.  Maybe Fox 33 could be shown then.....:D Oh well, shouldn't pick on Fox....good news is Packers on WISN DT Monday night in HD!
Kevin Arnold

Greg Oman

This Monday night?? The scrimmage vs Kansas City I think?

That would be excellent!

Greg O.

Tom Snyder

Not a scrimmage... it's an actual game... preseason, but it's the Hall of Fame game. All of the Monday Night Games will be HD... even the Pre-season ones... More in this thread
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

StarvingForHDTV

Kevin Arnold

Just came back from the fair and as far as I could tell - HD television didn't exist.  In fact analog television didn't exist there either. No presence from 4,6,10,12, 58, or Sinclair's finest 18 & 24. Clear channel radio has the place to itself and as usual WTMJ/WKTI were doing their broadcasting. Too bad they couldn't showcase a fantastic technology that is up and running, instead showcasing the chopper, dicer, special mop, bingo, ginsu knife, 23 different kinds of sausage, cream puffs, and Herbie Kohl's subsidized milk stand.  Damn, this fair could have been run in 1966.
Kevin Arnold

John L

Thanks for the State Fair comments.  I was thinking of going, mainly because I was hoping to see something about HDTV there. But been very busy and trying to find the appropiate time to go was the main thing.  But since there isn't anything about HDTV at this year's State Fair, then I see no reason to worry about it.

I agree, for the next few years they should be promoting HDTV at the fair as well as many other major sources. The time is near, January 2006 is not far away when on New Years Day when people attempt to tune in to watch the Rose Bowl on their TV only to get static on all the TV channels.  Ch. 4, 6, 10, 12, 18, 24, 36 will NOT be showing up on their regular analog TV set.  Begining that day, every analog TV will be nothing but a door stopper!

Americans unaware with the new technolongy on that day will be stunned, finding their locals TV analog stations are off the air.  Not knowing what to do, many will suffer severely without thier TV.  Eventually they will learn that they will have to dish out money to buy a new TV.

People will be upset because WISN-TV is off the air and not airing the Wisconsin Badgers (thinking positive for the Badgers) game in the Rose Bowl!  But of course WISN-DT will be on the air and most likely air the game in widescreen HDTV! :)

-John L.

mcq

I saw some sets at the Giveaway house.

But let's be "fair" (pun intended.) We visit the fair to see new things.... HDTV is old news!