• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

A local Web site going away

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Jan 15, 2003, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Sorry to see that Brew City News  is calling it quits. The two year-old site tracks Milwaukee TV news.

Not real relevant to HDTV, but it's sad to see a project somewhat similar to ours not able to make a long term go of it.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

techguy1975

Actually... thats not entirely true.  

I am friends with the website operator, he chose to shut down the site, because he is moving to bigger, better (and warmer) things in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.  

Had I the resources, I would of taken over....  but...alas, I don't...  It'll be sad to see it go..

Tom Snyder

What kind of resources would you need? If it's just hosting, I'd be happy to host it here in exchange for a banner or tile ad.
Tom Snyder

techguy1975

the resources are fine..  We both work for the company that is currently hosting the site.  The resources I was referring to were more time wise, and the equipment to do screen captures and stuff.  I lack those...

Gregg Lengling

Bob are you talking about doing screen captures of Television Broadcasts...if so I can help.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Todd Wiedemann

I like the idea of incorporating a lot of the info out there on our site, do you all ?

Tom Snyder

Some of it is relevant. That bit about the new look for that local HDTV site was particulalry interesting. :)
Tom Snyder

Todd Wiedemann

QuoteThat bit about the new look for that local HDTV site was particulalry interesting.
I agree !!

I was thinking about the tech data and the screen grabs. Heck, I'd moderate a discussion regarding local channel programming !

Hate to see the resource die.

Kevin Arnold

It would be nice to incorporate that site into this one because it would be fun to comment on local programming, not just including the news. That really isn't HDTV germain but dovetails nicely.  Kind of "Milwaukee's TV Internet Campus";)
Kevin Arnold

techguy1975

If someone wants to help with the image captures, I could probably handle the rest..  Or, let it BrewCitynews live out its life as a forum here..  

If Tom or one of other admins want to email me, maybe we could work out some other kind of arrangement.  My email address is in my profile.

Tom Snyder

I've emailed Bob... we'll see what happens...
Tom Snyder

mcq

Sounds like you guys are scheming up a way to placate (compete with) Tim C.  I would be careful.......

Tom Snyder

No.. no attempt to compete with anybody... There is some specific technical info there about the local stations that is of value to our site.  While there is local TV stuff of general interest to the group, we're still primarily focussed on HDTV.
Tom Snyder