• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

A Helpful Tip For Getting Faster Respones From Cable

Started by Jack 1000, Sunday Jan 20, 2008, 05:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Maybe this will help,

Some years ago when I called TWC to troubleshoot a line in our neighborhood, I was told that an outage is defined, "When 6 more more people in a node (i.e community area) call to complain about the same or similar issues."  So if you have a Cable, Road Runner, or Digital Phone out of service issue, check with your neighbors and have them call in to report the problem.  When 6 people (or more) call, an automated response repair unit is activated to fix the problem.  But the magic number is 6 or more subscribers affected in an area, before it counts as an "outage."

If the number is lower than 6, you may have to wait a few days for a service call.  If the number is 6 or higher, they will get on the case right away.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Gamera

Quote from: Jack 1000;43970an automated response repair unit is activated to fix the problem.

I have a vision straight from a Looney Tunes cartoon here.  A hidden compartment in the wall pops open and a little, broom & dustpan shaped robot comes out, grabs a bag of tools, puts on a "cable repair" cap and heads over to the scene.  :rof: