News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WCGV now at 1000kw

Started by Jimboy, Wednesday Jul 20, 2011, 08:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimboy

Now operating at 1000kw ERP (up from 625kw) on 7-19-11.
No wonder it's hot outside! :rock:

ddeerrff

JOOC, how much of that is power up the feedline, and how much is antenna gain?

AA9VI

Quote from: Jimboy;57617Now operating at 1000kw ERP (up from 625kw) on 7-19-11.
No wonder it's hot outside! :rock:

Brilliant.  Looking forward to getting WCGV back after a year and a half.  I'll post back with my findings tonight. W25DW was raising the noise floor too much and causing co-channel interference in my neck of the woods.  Damn them.

Not to get greedy, but any shot of increasing WVTV likewise before the drop?

AA9VI

Locked solid this A.M from N. Cook Co. .... then again so did every Milwaukee full power except WISN.  WVTV was even in and that is one of the weaker ones.  The benchmarks in my area for you are WMVT and WDJT.

I'll check on it later and see if it is back for good.

AA9VI

Quote from: AA9VI;57653Locked solid this A.M from N. Cook Co. .... then again so did every Milwaukee full power except WISN.  WVTV was even in and that is one of the weaker ones.  The benchmarks in my area for you are WMVT and WDJT.

I'll check on it later and see if it is back for good.

Well, when conditions are good, WCGV booms in.  When they are average, I still have too much co-channel interference from W25DW.  I cannot lock W25DW's picture, just their 25-1 PSIP.  It'd be nice to have those idiots moved off RF25. I only had problems with WCGV after they signed on. Their estimated coverage contour is not correct.

troyriley

I had problems with WCGV Friday night, from my house in Genoa City. It turns out I was getting interference from WRTV-Indianapolis, which was coming in strong when I turned the antenna southeast. That's very rare, though. Otherwise, WCGV has always been one of my stronger stations, even before the increase in power.

I have been having problems with WTMJ, as co-channel interference from WSJV-South Bend is common this time of year.

Just imagine how much worse this co-channel interference is going to get if the television broadcast spectrum is decreased.

Jimboy

Quote from: ddeerrff;57619JOOC, how much of that is power up the feedline, and how much is antenna gain?

It's a matter of public knowledge....
https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101402704&formid=2&fac_num=74174