News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Official Fox6 New Location Technical Report Thread

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Jun 09, 2004, 12:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Conditions are better for long distance/skip/tropo ducting in the summer. I lose my leaves in the winter, and so that improves my signal.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

PatM

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder
Conditions are better for long distance/skip/tropo ducting in the summer. I lose my leaves in the winter, and so that improves my signal.
For short distances there should be no difference. In the summer  there were leaves on the trees and I had a weak signal. Now in the fall, I have no signal whatever.
Location is is SW Wauwatosa :(

tbenning

Like many others, I can receive all Milwaukee HD channels over the air except Fox 6. Since I am in Menomonee Falls, my antenna points SE toward downtown. I assume that I cannot receive Fox 6 because their towner is located E/NE from my house.

My Radio Shack antenna says it is omni-directional, but it was obvious during installation that it really isn't. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better omni-directional antenna given my location?

Thanks,
Tim

smack

QuoteOriginally posted by tbenning
Like many others, I can receive all Milwaukee HD channels over the air except Fox 6. Since I am in Menomonee Falls, my antenna points SE toward downtown. I assume that I cannot receive Fox 6 because their towner is located E/NE from my house.

My Radio Shack antenna says it is omni-directional, but it was obvious during installation that it really isn't. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better omni-directional antenna given my location?

Thanks,
Tim

You should be getting FOX - HD out of NY on directv channel 88 if that helps.

Greg Oman

Of the two HD games yesterday, the Bears/Lions game was nearly perfect for me.  The Panther/Bucaneer game started out ok, but by 4pm, I was having nearly 3 audio drops per minute.  I didn't move anything, so I'm relatively sure it was signal strength related.  I do have a second antenna connected to a second set, and it was giving me the same problems.

The dropping of the 5.1 audio finally got so annoying that I switched back to the analog feed over the satellite.

Anyone else have any issues with the second Fox game yesterday via OTA?

Thanks!

Greg O.

gb4fan92

QuoteOriginally posted by Greg Oman

Anyone else have any issues with the second Fox game yesterday via OTA?

Yes same issues here.

StarvingForHDTV

SRW1000

Has anyone else noticed an improvement with WITIs signal strength?  Normally, I'm at zero, but for the last three days it's been hovering in the 35-45 range.  This still isn't watchable due to pixelization and audio drop outs, but it's getting close.

Maybe it's just the weather?

Scott

StarvingForHDTV

SRW1000

Quote from: StarvingForHDTVI think it's the weather.
Yup, it was the weather.  Hasn't risen aboe zero for the last few days.

Oh well, it should just be a few more months yet.

Scott

Gregg Lengling

Well this is very scarey....for the last 2 days I've been able to receive WITI-DT with signal strengths from 50 to 70% on all 3 of my receivers........of course there is nothing to watch right now and I'm sure when there is something to watch the signal will go BYE BYE! :co1:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Stanley Kritzik

Yeah, I've been getting Fox occasionally, since there's nothing of interest to watch.  Sometimes it was smooth; sometimes complete with freezes, pixels, etc.  For anything important, I can get Ch. 88 from D*, so I'm content to just wait them out.

However, as for Ch. 58, with their "slice and dice" approach to their frequency, it is annoying, to say the least, not to be able to see HD programming -- ever.  They are doing a dis-service to their (potentially) leading-edge customers, and they're just going to lose out in the end.

S. K.

murdoc

Has anyone else been experiencing audio drop-outs watching Fox?  I've checked both 6-1 and channel 88 on D* and both have been doing it.  I guess I shouldn't use the term "drop-out" because the sound is still there, it just skips from time to time.  I've been watching my reciever, and the LFE (subwoofer) seem to switch off and then come back on right away.  I'm guessing that since it's happening both OTA and on D* that it's on Fox's national feed.  No problems watching local programming on either channels.

Joseph S

I don't watch much Fox outside of Thursday/Sun, but I've read many complaints about audio dropouts on American Idol nationally recently.

SRW1000

I don't know if anyone else is noticing the same thing, but I've got a consistent signal strenghth of 85 this morning.  I've never seen it go above the low 40's before.

Could it be...?

Scott