News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC Navigator/Box Updates

Started by Jack 1000, Tuesday Aug 03, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddeerrff

What box do you have?  On my Samsung, it's on channel 1900 page 6.

superkingt

Quote from: ddeerrff;58849What box do you have?  On my Samsung, it's on channel 1900 page 6.
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD

Jack 1000

Several areas around the country got an update patch last night on the boxes.  Customers report that their DVR storage is now showing less space used!  This was a previous bug with the Black Guide roll-out.

I hope that this fixes the 30 day or so keyboard slowdown, that requires a cold reboot to get the boxes up to speed again.

Do you notice your DVR's any faster or any speed boosts in Navigation?

Still the same version and features with ODN 5.2.09 here.  ODN 6.0 is the next new build and should follow this patch, hopefully before the end of the year or early next year.  It will prep the boxes for secure cloud services, beginning with expanded search options and an improved VOD selection.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

grenier

I don't notice any speed improvements but my DVR is now showing the correct space usage.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Syracuse New York just got Navigator 6.0.  Reported Speed improvements and "Subscribed Channels" list added to the guide filter.  Hope this will address the reliability issues that have been reported.

With the new channel additions planned on or after December 12, we probably won't get this version before than, but will probably get it sometime between than and before the end of the year.

Jack

grenier

I dread the updates. For every one thing that gets fixed there is another problem.
Cisco 8640HDC

ddeerrff

Jack 1000

ODN boxes got updated last night to version 6.0.19 (C-Model SA's, Ciscos, and Samsungs)

This is predominately a bug-fix release.  A new feature is the ability to filter the guide by Subscribed  Channels in the Time Grid.

Jack

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;59274This is predominately a bug-fix release.  

I hope it didn't create any new bugs.
Cisco 8640HDC

LoadStar

Possibly coincidentally, I've heard reports that CableCards also received firmware updates at about the same time. Because they have no UI, users should see no indication of a firmware update unless there is a problem with the update process.

Possibly related to the cablecard firmware update, my Tuning Adapter lost its authentication (indicated by a pattern of 8 blinks on the LED on the front of the device). Tier 1 was unable to help, but the National CableCard Support desk was able to push a series of reauthorization signals ("hits" as they call it) to the box and it reauthorized. If you have a problem with a tuning adapter, you may be best off to skip the tier 1 people and go straight to the National CableCard desk.

gparris

The only update I can see is the subscribed channels, though one of my DVRs got stuck on the app update, so the TWC Signature Home person guided me through it until it took. All that is needed to do if your box sticks on the update is to do that unplug for 30 sec routine and watch it count down to 1 and it then works. My HD picture was in stretch mode, then it went  back ok. The on screen display on your picture will show a frozen update or the box will say "APP" but it is okay to do the reboot and it should work. :wave:

Jack 1000

Important  information about this update:

Digital Phone subs who got this update, should also check their Caller ID prompt settings if they want the prompt turned on.  The new software turned mine off.  (Go to Settings and Caller ID, and Select on for the Display Prompt to make sure your Call setting prompt is on, if that's how you had it before.)

Jack

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;59279Important  information about this update:

Digital Phone subs who got this update, should also check their Caller ID prompt settings if they want the prompt turned on.  The new software turned mine off.  (Go to Settings and Caller ID, and Select on for the Display Prompt to make sure your Call setting prompt is on, if that's how you had it before.)

My prompt wan't turned off.
Cisco 8640HDC

duncantuna

I noticed one other tweak .. when you are in the List and select the show, select delete .. you used to hit "A" to delete .. now you need to mouse down then hit select.

Idiotic change.  What used to take 5 clicks (which was bad) now takes 6 with no particular benefit.  What were they thinking?

Talos4

More rhetorical than fact finding question....

Why is it when they send these "updates" out I have to pull the power and cold boot in order to view 50-60% of my channels.

"This channel Temporarily Unavailable, please try again later, Press "A" to retry".

2 Samsung boxes every time. Doesn't matter if it's HBO or History etc.

Not a life altering event just a PITA.