News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New OTA station?

Started by wysiwyg, Sunday Aug 12, 2012, 03:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrh1985

Need a favor, I'm out of town and was wondering if weathernation was showing weather alerts. I know there is bad weather at home and was just curious if weathernation would do that.

Thanks!

tvboy

Weathernation is running a scroll and radar for the Severe Thunderstorm Warning this evening,

jrh1985

Quote from: tvboy;58863Weathernation is running a scroll and radar for the Severe Thunderstorm Warning this evening,

Thanks so much!!!!

larsob

WIWN has been added to Direct TV's Milwaukee market local channel lineup.

Has WIWN been added to any other satellite or cable systems?

MrProster

Earlier this past summer , I did a scan and Weathernation 68.1 showed up. I was only able to get it for a  few hours. Since then (and multiple scans later) I have not been able to pick it up. I have our indoor antenna picking up EVERY local ota channel at 100% signal strength ,. but STILL can't draw it in. What gives? We are even getting channel 10.1 @ 100% and from what I understand , WIWN is using their tower. We are in Muskego so I would think we should be able to get WIWN. Any suggestions? :bang: I was impressed with what I saw , it is very much like what the Weather channel USED to be decades ago....ONLY WEATHER and not NBC/Liberal- pushed agendas.

wysiwyg

You're not really missing much anymore- it's pretty much turned into a 24/7 infomercial channel.  Whoever bought the station is just biding time until the FCC spectrum auction.

MrProster

Are we talking about the same channel? My brother in GA says it's not like that there...very few commercials.:huh?:

LoadStar

Quote from: MrProster;60089Are we talking about the same channel? My brother in GA says it's not like that there...very few commercials.:huh?:

You are referring to the WeatherNation network, of which WIWN is nominally the WeatherNation affiliate for the area.

However, WIWN preempts many hours of the WeatherNation programming day to carry the OnTV4U paid programming network instead.