News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TV Guide Grid Data Missing?

Started by SRW1000, Thursday Nov 24, 2011, 10:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

Has anyone else experienced problems with their TV Guide listings for the past two or three days?  Until now, everything had been rock steady, but now all the listings only show "No Listing" in the entire program grid.

Jack 1000

Quote from: SRW1000;58042Has anyone else experienced problems with their TV Guide listings for the past two or three days?  Until now, everything had been rock steady, but now all the listings only show "No Listing" in the entire program grid.

It could be a server miscommunication displaying the "No Listing." messages.  I would recommend turing off your box by pressing the CBL button on your reboot.  Than do a cold reboot of the box by unplugging it for about a minute, allowing it to reboot.  Is the guide data back after this?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Will

Quote from: Jack 1000;58043It could be a server miscommunication displaying the "No Listing." messages.  I would recommend turing off your box by pressing the CBL button on your reboot.  Than do a cold reboot of the box by unplugging it for about a minute, allowing it to reboot.  Is the guide data back after this?

Jack

Much more likely the Rovi (TVGOS) box is down at WDJT.  One person at avsforums has contacted them about it.  http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/////showthread.php?p=21249185#post21249185

I can't find Dan Dyer's email or I would shoot a note to him too.  He has been responsive in the past.

I tried the reboot route on one of my DTVPal DVRs.  No joy.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/////showthread.php?p=21233486#post21233486

I thought it was still broadcasting data, but was told:  http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/////showthread.php?p=21234594#post21234594

I no longer have the TV Guide logo that shows receiving the TVGOS signal either.

Jack 1000

Quote from: SRW1000;58042Has anyone else experienced problems with their TV Guide listings for the past two or three days?  Until now, everything had been rock steady, but now all the listings only show "No Listing" in the entire program grid.

Hi,

Who is your provider? (TWC, U-Verse, Dish Network, Direct TV, or OTA with external equipment?)  Give box manufacturer and model number if known.

Jack

Jimboy

Have the same issue with my 60" Sony. I get the data (or did get it) from CBS58.
AFAIK Dan Dyer no longer works for them........

SRW1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;58046Hi,

Who is your provider? (TWC, U-Verse, Dish Network, Direct TV, or OTA with external equipment?)  Give box manufacturer and model number if known.

Jack
OTA with a Sony DHG-HDD500.

There was a pretty big interruption during the digital switchover (since the Sony had been designed to work with analog data), but that was solved within a couple of weeks, and it's been rock solid since then.

Scott

SRW1000

Quote from: Jimboy;58047Have the same issue with my 60" Sony. I get the data (or did get it) from CBS58.
AFAIK Dan Dyer no longer works for them........
That's too bad.  Dan had spent a lot of time working on this during the switchover.  He was really responsive to solving the problem and replying to my messages.

Dang.

Scott

Will

Quote from: Jack 1000;58046Hi,

Jack

Hi Jack,

TVGOS for Milwaukee comes from WDJT OTA via a box provided by Rovi, who own TV Guide.  There are a number of OTA devices that use it, among them the Sony DHG DVRs, some Sony TVs (they have a 24 hour version I think), and the DTVPal DVR / Channel Master CM-7000PAL twins that I am aware of.  Maybe the old LG LST-3410A DVRs as well?

Will

Jack 1000

Quote from: Will;58050Hi Jack,

TVGOS for Milwaukee comes from WDJT OTA via a box provided by Rovi, who own TV Guide.  There are a number of OTA devices that use it, among them the Sony DHG DVRs, some Sony TVs (they have a 24 hour version I think), and the DTVPal DVR / Channel Master CM-7000PAL twins that I am aware of.  Maybe the old LG LST-3410A DVRs as well?

Will

I have TWC and our guide data is provided through Tribune Media Services.  Occasionally, I have contacted the listings editor at TMS, and give kudos to them.  They are able to correct listings within three business days most of the time.

Maybe try e-mailing TV Guide and/or Rovi with a description of the problem, affected channels, zip code and location, and see what they say.  Maybe WDJT as well.  Someone might have a solution, or be able to work towards a solution.

Jack

GurZ

Glad to find Milwaukee HDTV and especially to find fellow metro-Milwaukeeans trying to figure out this TVGOS problem.  I think it was last Tues/Wed when what I guess is a RAM buffer in my DVR (DTV-PAL) stopped listing any new TVGOS programs. Anyway, I took your suggestions above and forwarded the following emails. I hope they get a fast, positive response.  I'll post here any reply I get ASAP.

GurZ

Dear WDJT CBS 58:

It appears that your TVGOS transmission (that is your TV Guide On-Screen service that you broadcast within your transmission signal) is not operating at all.. This is as-indicated by my over-the-air DVR receiver, which is in good working order, no longer receiving/displaying the TVGOS weekly program scheduling information (which your TVGOS transmission updates 4 times per day and actually contains 8 days of TV programs including all local TV station broadcaster's schedules).

This TVGOS outage began approximately last Tuesday/Wednesday.

Please email me back as to when you anticipate returning this service to your transmission.

Thanks much,
(me)- - - - -@yahoo.com

Subject line:  TVGOS Outage in Metro-Milwaukee WI  - SERVICE INTERRUPTION -

Dear Rovicorp:

I'm writing to report an outage of your TVGOS over-the-air broadcast service throughout the Milwaukee, Wisconsin metropolitan area.

Incidentally, my TV receivers & DVRs are all in good working order and each normally receives & displays the local TVGOS over-the-air broadcast perfectly.

Please email me soon to let me know when Rovicorp's TVGOS will resume its broadcast here.

Thanks much,
(me)- - - - -@yahoo.com

PS-- I believe your local Rovicorp TVGOS broadcaster here is:

WDJT-TV CBS58
809 S. 60th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53214
Phone: (414) 777-5800
Fax: (414) 777-5802

Jack 1000

Quote from: GurZ;58056Glad to find Milwaukee HDTV and especially to find fellow metro-Milwaukeeans trying to figure out this TVGOS problem.  I think it was last Tues/Wed when what I guess is a RAM buffer in my DVR (DTV-PAL) stopped listing any new TVGOS programs. Anyway, I took your suggestions above and forwarded the following emails. I hope they get a fast, positive response.  I'll post here any reply I get ASAP.

GurZ

Dear WDJT CBS 58:

It appears that your TVGOS transmission (that is your TV Guide On-Screen service that you broadcast within your transmission signal) is not operating at all.. This is as-indicated by my over-the-air DVR receiver, which is in good working order, no longer receiving/displaying the TVGOS weekly program scheduling information (which your TVGOS transmission updates 4 times per day and actually contains 8 days of TV programs including all local TV station broadcaster's schedules).

This TVGOS outage began approximately last Tuesday/Wednesday.

Please email me back as to when you anticipate returning this service to your transmission.

Thanks much,
(me)- - - - -@yahoo.com

Subject line:  TVGOS Outage in Metro-Milwaukee WI  - SERVICE INTERRUPTION -

Dear Rovicorp:

I'm writing to report an outage of your TVGOS over-the-air broadcast service throughout the Milwaukee, Wisconsin metropolitan area.

Incidentally, my TV receivers & DVRs are all in good working order and each normally receives & displays the local TVGOS over-the-air broadcast perfectly.

Please email me soon to let me know when Rovicorp's TVGOS will resume its broadcast here.

Thanks much,
(me)- - - - -@yahoo.com

PS-- I believe your local Rovicorp TVGOS broadcaster here is:

WDJT-TV CBS58
809 S. 60th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53214
Phone: (414) 777-5800
Fax: (414) 777-5802

Hope this helps!

Let us know if you hear anything.

Jack

Will

The guide data is back as of 7:00 tonight for me.  I have the full 7 days worth of listings again.

Thanks, WDJT!

GurZ

Guide data back last night here too! All's well that ends well!

SRW1000

All my data is back, too.

Thanks to WDJT and all those who contacted them to get this fixed!

Scott